We are WDMCS Newsletters
Don’t miss out on all the important information for WDMCS employees in our We are WDMCS newsletters.
We are ALL WDMCS
When the coronavirus pandemic impacted WDMCS, we temporarily transitioned our communication format to be for both families and staff.
- Sept. 9, 2020 – COVID-19 dashboard, no school Sept. 14, Homecoming info, and more.
- Sept. 3, 2020 – No school Sept. 4-7 reminder, Tiger Cubs Preschool Sept. 8 start date, online learning environment deadline notice, WDMCS COVID-19 dashboard to launch Sept. 8.
- Aug. 28, 2020 – Photos, stories from first week of school, new COVID-19 exposure flowchart, student placements online through Sept. 4.
- Aug. 21, 2020 – WDMCS visions for 2020-21 video, teacher assignment update, bus info., new health guidelines, Nutrition updates, Canvas help, and helping kids adjust to face coverings.
- Aug. 20, 2020 – staff newsletter with WDMCS visions for 2020-21 video, COVID-19 exposure/mitigation strategies updates, staff wellness check-in FAQs, SafeSchools reminder, and more.
- Aug. 14, 2020 – Updates on the first day of school, our new equity director, guidance for COVID-19 exposure, elementary updates, and more.
- Aug. 7, 2020 – Return-to-Learn video, on-site vs. online data, junior high block scheduling, new start date proposed.
- July 30, 2020 – updated guidance from health and education experts, enrollment vs. choosing online/on-site, return-to-learn percentages to date, return-to-learn workshop on Aug. 5.
- July 24, 2020 – on-site/online choice survey reminder, return-to-learn FAQs and percentages to date, July 23 CDC guidance on reopening schools, equity town halls.
- July 10, 2020 – 2020-21 enrollment information, Hybrid Option 2 details, school supply lists, transportation registration, PTO mask orders.
- July 2, 2020 – WDMCS Return-to-Learn Plan.
- June 29, 2020 – 2020-21 Enrollment Edition
- June 5, 2020 – Valley baseball and softball season update, rules and regulations.
- May 22, 2020 – WDMCS Nutrition update, WDMCS summer plans update, WDMCS technology update, June professional development opportunities for teachers.
- May 15, 2020 – Valley Senior Honors Evening FAQ, new Clive Learning Academy director, Return-to-Learn plan update, WDMCS Transportation registration.
- May 8, 2020 – Securly app, student item pick-up, 2020-21 school calendar, National Teacher Appreciation Week, required immunizations.
- May 1, 2020 – Class of 2020 celebration, summer plans, yard signs, second semester grading, Return-to-Learn information.
- April 24, 2020 – 2020-21 PK and Kindergarten enrollment, yard signs, employee pay update, nurses’ message.
- April 17, 2020 – school canceled remainder of academic year, free online medical appointments, elementary pupil progress reports update, secondary grading updates, parking lot WiFi.
- April 9, 2020 – internet options for home, K-2 students receiving Chromebooks, why people are in WDMCS buildings, official continuous learning plan, spring athletics update, continued support for staff, nutrition updates with times, locations.
- April 1, 2020 – Special video message from Superintendent Remy on continuous learning.
- March 27, 2020 – Coronavirus Family FAQs and Staff FAQs, update from Superintendent Remy on virtual learning, technology needs survey, community resources, staff get creative with home workouts.
- March 18, 2020 – Coronavirus Family FAQs, events canceled, support for WDMCS staff during time off, community resources, nutrition department providing meals.
We are WDMCS
- July 2, 2020 – WDMCS Return-to-Learn Plan (staff edition)
- May 6, 2020 – Special staff recognition edition.
- April 30, 2020 – WDMCS Human Resources updates.
- April 24, 2020 – building access, print shop hours, 2020-21 health benefits, yard sign sales, nurses’ video.
- April 8, 2020 – 10 ways to secure Zoom, support for staff through coronavirus, Canvas resources.
- April 1, 2020 – COVID-19 Human Resources FAQs, Doctors on Demand.
- March 4, 2020 – U of I educational opportunities, Susan Asklof Enthusiasm Award, staff recognition, Valley Hall of Honor, password audit.
- Feb. 5, 2020 – International Night, staff recognition, staff lunch order program, RIC 403(b) eligibility notice.
- Jan. 15, 2020 – Golf in the Halls, new SCR/Valley collaboration, transcript grade change form, demo teacher podcast.
- Dec. 13, 2019 – sixth-grade volleyball tournament photos, Jordan Creek earns prestigious award, Canvas podcast: parent FAQs, vaping at WDMCS – parent insights.
- Nov. 20, 2019 – early retirement deadline reminder, Valley football 4A Title game information, Ryan Penning Iowa Safe Schools Educator, Valley teacher Brant Reif effective grading practices podcast
- Nov. 6, 2019 – school board election results, phishing training, Doctor on Demand, Canvas Overview podcast, WDMCS Brand Management process, discounted DMPA tickets.
- Oct. 23, 2019 – emergency notifications testing, school board elections, Canvas resources, Valley Hall of Honor, SafeSchools training, Choose Kind tees.
- Oct. 2, 2019 – 2020-21 calendar hearing, workplace survey, Canvas resources, staff profile video, Medicare Part D notice, SafeSchools training.
- Sept. 4, 2019 – Homecoming, Effective Grading Practices, personnel directory, ID badge replacements, demo teachers, donated school supplies, service animals.
- Aug. 9, 2019 – Welcome Back reminder, Allergy Aware, construction projects, Wellness policy, SafeSchools training, community promotions.
2018-29 School Year
- June 5, 2019 – professional development, construction projects, summer camps and food service program, online enrollment.
- May 1, 2019 – staff recognition, annual benefits enrollment, retiree receptions, Susan Asklof Enthusiasm Award, elementary school supply list, equity training.
- April 3, 2019 – Youth Equity Stewardship Showcase, EAP resources, WDMCS Reads author, staff profile video.
- March 6, 2019 – last day of school, feature on one of our own WDMCS families, International Night, strategic plan video.
- Feb. 6, 2019 – BeBetter Health, workplace survey, WDMCS smartphone app, meal charges board policy updates, strategic plan video.
- Jan. 16, 2019 – phishing surveys, calendar reminders and 2019-20 calendar at a glance, portrait of a graduate graphic, Community Education instructor promotion.
- Dec. 5, 2018 – Spanish Immersion program, high school PBLN, online learning for students, open/close card survey, swag to show WDMCS pride.
- Nov. 7, 2018 – Golf in the Halls, telephone tutorial, Valley gear, Doctor on Demand, WDMCS Reads, Western Hills fall play.