What qualifies for a medical waiver?

Posted by:

A parent/guardian must file with the building principal and school nurse a statement signed by a physician or other competent health care provider (e.g., within the scope of the provider’s licensure and authorized practice) that a student is not “physically able” to participate in physical education.

This exemption applies to grades 1-12, and may also apply to health courses and the “physical activity” and “CPR course” requirements of the Healthy Kids Act (See Section III).