Jan. 13, 2022 | The WDMCS Board of Education held a special Board meeting Thursday, Jan. 13, to discuss recommended changes to the Return-to-Learn plan. The changes district leadership proposed were based on current COVID-19 data within the district, Polk County, and state of Iowa. The Board approved the recommendations in a 4:2 vote. One Board member was unable to attend the special meeting due to a previous commitment.
What are the changes?
All individuals, including students, staff, and visitors are required to wear face masks WHILE INDOORS DURING SCHOOL HOURS through FRIDAY, FEB. 18, 2022.
- Face masks will only be enforced during school hours and while indoors.
- Preschool students under the age of five are required to wear face masks for the remainder of the semester because they are not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Students who participate in after school or weekend athletics and/or activities are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to wear face masks while indoors.
- Spectators or individuals attending after school activities or events are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to wear face masks while indoors.
What happens after Feb. 18?
Starting Monday, Feb. 21, 2022, all individuals, including students, staff, and visitors, are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to wear face masks while indoors.
- Because face masks are only required during the school day, weekend events Feb. 19-20 would follow the same guidance where we highly encourage individuals to wear face masks.