May 11, 2022 | Stilwell Junior High families and staff received communications on May 10 and 11 regarding air conditioning issues in the building and outlined the steps taken to lower the temperature. Temperatures are still declining in the building, and another temporary cooler is being installed today, but we believe the building will need an additional 24 hours to reach a comfortable temperature.
Stilwell students will not have school Thursday, May 12. Students will not have to make up these instructional hours at the end of the year.
Employees will continue to work according to the following procedures:
- Administrators and Secretaries: Work remotely tomorrow from Indian Hills Junior High. Please contact your immediate supervisor if additional guidance is needed.
- Certified staff: Work remotely tomorrow from home. Please contact Stilwell principals if additional guidance is needed.
- Associates: Human Resources will assign you to another building if you would like to work on May 12. Please contact Jackie Armstrong at 515-633-5031 to receive an assignment.
- Nutrition Services: Please contact Nutrition Services Director Willow Kriegel for a building assignment.
- Custodians: Please contact your immediate supervisor for a building assignment.
If building staff need to collect materials from Stilwell to work remotely, administrators will be in the building from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Outside of that time, please do not enter or work at Stilwell tomorrow.
We are hopeful the building will be cooler the remainder of the week due to the steps taken by our Operations Department and contractors. We will continue to communicate any updates with Stilwell families and staff.