Our school nurses provide an essential resource to our students, families, and staff. What do they do each day? The list is long, but here are a few highlights:
- Speak with families about positive COVID-19 cases.
- Assess student health symptoms and determine if a student should remain at school, go home, and/or be seen by a physician.
- Manage students' medication.
- Provide health screenings and referrals to family health care providers.
- Track student immunization requirements and coordinate other state health requirements.
- Educate students on disease prevention and other general health topics.
Human Growth and Development
Parent/guardians may review human growth and development materials by contacting the school principal. Additionally, they may have their children removed from human growth and development instruction by providing a written request to the school principal.
- Clive Learning Academy — 633-5806
- Crestview School of Inquiry — Jennifer Anderson, 633-5704
- Crossroads Park Elementary — Emily Budahn and Nadia Narayan, 633-5615
- Fairmeadows Elementary — Stacie Walther, 633-6505
- Hillside Elementary — Allison Line and Emily Boettcher, 633-6241
- Jordan Creek Elementary — Shelby Benge, 633-5223
- Learning Resource Center (PK) — Roberta Malloy, 633-6404
- Western Hills Elementary — Patty Bohlender, 633-5907
- Westridge Elementary — Anna Shull and Julie Galloway, 633-5423
- Indian Hills Junior High — Mary MacAlpine, 633-4714
- Stilwell Junior High — Liz Horn, 633-6013
- Valley Southwoods Freshman High School — Jackie Dewater, 633-4521
- Valley High School — Bridget Jacobson and Heather Strang, 633-4007
- Walnut Creek Campus — Roberta Malloy, 633-6404
Laura Mears, Manager of Blank Nurses at WDMCS
WDMCS requests examinations and medical reports annually of all preschoolers, kindergartners, third-graders, sixth-graders, and all new students. Health Services should also be notified if any student has a known health problem.
Many of these forms are provided by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH).