May Check-in Information
All student Chromebooks are to be returned by the end of the school year. Sophomore and Juniors will be reissued their same device in the fall. Because some students will require the use of the Chromebook until the very last final and others will be done with the device earlier, we are offering several days of check-in where you can drop off your device as soon as you are ready, during the dates and times listed below. DO NOT turn in your device until you are completely finished with it for the school year! It is the responsibility of each student to know when they are ready to turn it in.
All devices along with the charger and clear protective shell must be turned back in. Per the handbook pages D7 and D8, if any part is not turned in as of the end of the last day of school, the following fines will be assessed:
- Chromebook: $160
- Charger: $23
- Protective shell: $18
Senior Check In
- May 14 – 23
- VHS Media Center Desk from 7:30am to 3:30pm
- Devices must be CLEAN and free of any stickers you attached.
- If you do not want to clean off the stickers, you may purchase a new protective shell for $18.
Sophomore and Junior Check In
- May 29 – June 1
- Tues. May 29 – 7:45am to 3:30pm
- Wed. May 30 – 7:45am to 2:00pm
- Thurs. May 31 – 7:45am to 2:00pm
- Fri. June 1 – 7:45am to Noon
- Student Commons outside the cafeteria
- Cleaning stations will be available, but since you are getting the same device back in the fall, you do NOT need to remove personalized stickers from your device.
All devices must be turned in before you leave on the last day of school, June 1. Items that are not turned in will be turned over to our business office who will be assessing fines during the month of June.
FAQ about Chromebook Checkin
- Can I check in the device outside of the times listed above?
No. Keeping track of these devices requires an orderly check in process, so we have specifically set aside the time above for you to
- Can I keep the device over the summer?
No. The district policy is that it must be returned, just like you must return a textbook. If it is not returned, you will be billed $160 in June, as the device will be considered lost.