The Golden Circle College Fair is the largest college fair in Iowa. The fair is an annual favorite as it draws in colleges and universities from across the United States, and offers Iowa families a chance to explore nearly 135 colleges in one day. A new addition to the fair is the Career Cluster area. Each of the 16 Career Clusters will be represented by Iowa businesses offering insight and advice on different career paths. The fair also features breakout sessions on job outlooks in Iowa, employer expectations, college selection, and the financial aid process. The fair is held annually the last Sunday in September or the first Sunday in October depending on the calendar. For more information visit www.ICANsucceed.org/goldencircle.
- Date: Sunday, September 29, 2019
- New Location: Prairie Meadows Conference Center – Altoona, IA (Des Moines)
- Time: 12:30 – 3 pm
- College and University Representation. As the largest college fair in Iowa, Golden Circle offers the most diverse list of exhibiting colleges and universities.
- Career Cluster Representatives. Learn about emerging career fields and the education required by visiting the NEW Career Cluster booths. Each of the 16 Career Clusters will be represented by Central Iowa business and industry leaders, giving students the opportunity to discuss their career interests while visiting colleges about potential programs and majors.
- Breakout Sessions. Take the opportunity to listen in a free break-out session on topics like emerging industry, Iowa job growth, career planning, college selection, employer expectations, and the financial aid process.