2018 AP Exam Information
For AP students planning to sit for AP exams:
- Read the “Bulletin for Students and Parents” thoroughly and carefully, and share it with your parents. Students may pick up this pamphlet in the Counseling Center starting in February.
- AP Exam fees will be posted to student accounts by Friday, February 2, 2018. It will be assumed that students taking AP classes during the 2017-2018 school year will be automatically registered to take the related AP test. If a student does not wish to take the test, it is their responsibility to notify the Counseling Center by Thursday, March 29th. This is a firm deadline. Students taking an AP exam for a course in which they are not enrolled must pay the fee prior to the ordering deadline. Make sure the test you signed up for is listed on your receipt.
- Each exam costs $94.00*. You can pay the full fee as soon as it is posted to your account. All fees must be paid prior March 30th or a test will not be ordered. There is a $55 late fee for exams ordered after this deadline. The fee to change a test date is 45.00, Payment can be made by cash or check (checks made out to “Valley High School”) in Student Services, or online through Infinite Campus. Any exam ordered that goes unused incurs a $15 fee from College Board. The balance of the fee paid will be refunded. (Large AP fee balances are eligible for installment payments.)
- Pre-administration sessions will be held in the Media Center after school on the following dates. You must attend one of these sessions and fill out paperwork; we will not be filling in bubble sheets on the day of testing.
|Tuesday||April 17th||3:20pm – 3:50pm|
|Wednesday||April 18th||2:40pm – 3:00pm|
|Thursday||April 19th||3:30pm – 3:50pm|
|Tuesday||April 24th||3:20pm – 3:50pm|
|Wednesday||April 25th||see 4-24|
- There is a fee reduction for those students who participate in the free and reduced lunch program. Please see your counselor for more information.
- Make a note of the test date on the back cover of the “Bulletin” referenced above and, if you have a conflict, see your counselor IMMEDIATELY to make arrangements for alternate testing. These alternate exams need to be specially ordered. (An additional $45.00* will be charged for an alternate test date.)
Check all schedules: family, other tests, school activities, etc.
- The AP Program offers a variety of testing procedures and accommodations that optimize testing conditions for students with disabilities. See your counselor for details regarding your qualification for these accommodations. There is a February 2nd deadline for requesting accommodations. The process can be time-consuming. Do not wait until the last minute.
- AP exams will be administered as indicated on the schedule. Under no circumstances can an examination be given before the scheduled starting time.
|Date||Subject||Time||Place (See legend below for Testing Locations)|
|Monday, May 7||Chemistry||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Tuesday, May 8||Spanish Language||8:00am||LRC|
|Physics 1 Algebra based||12:00pm||LRC|
|Wednesday, May 9||English Literature & Composition||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Japanese Language & Culture||12:00 pm|
|Physics 2: Algebra-Based||12:00 pm|
|Thursday, May 10||Government||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Chinese Language & Culture
|Friday, May 11||United States History||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|AP Art Portfolios due
Computer Science Principles
|12:00pm||In Room LRC( CompSci)|
|Monday, May 14||Biology||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Music Theory||8:00 am||LRC|
|Physics C: Mechanics||12:00 pm|
|Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism||2:00 pm|
|Tuesday, May 15||Calculus AB||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Calculus BC||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|French Language & Culture
Computer Science A
|Wednesday, May 16||English Language & Composition||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Thursday, May 17||Comparative Government & Politics||8:00 am|
|World History||8:00 am||WDMCC|
|Friday, May 18||Human Geography||8:00 am||Valley Counseling|
|European History||12:00 pm||LRC|
WDMCC = West Des Moines Christian Church
Hope = Lutheran Church of Hope
LRC = Learning Resource Center
VHS = Valley High School