2019-2020 AP Exam Information (New Process for 2020 AP Exams)
Due to changes by The College Board, AP exam registration must be completed by the following dates to avoid late fees:
Full-year and first semester courses: By noon November 1, 2019
Second semester-only courses: By noon March 3, 2020
Note: Even if students are not taking the AP exam in May, they must take action as stated below.
Registration is now a 2-step process. Both steps are required to take an AP exam.
It is mandatory students “join” their AP courses by logging into their College Board account (https://myap.collegeboard.org) using the joining code provided by their AP course instructor.
- Most students will have completed this in their AP classes.
- After joining each AP course, students are automatically signed up for an AP exam.
- Students who choose NOT to take the AP exam in May must notify the Counseling Center by noon on November 1. Failure to do this will result in a nonrefundable $40/exam College Board-imposed unused test fee.
- To register for an AP exam for which you are not enrolled in the corresponding AP course, please see Mr. Larry Mandernach, Counselor, in the Counseling Center for a code to join the course for which you want to test.
Pay for exam(s) by March 3, 2020.
- Fees will be posted to WDMCS student accounts after Valley’s order has been placed with College Board (fee posting anticipated in early November).
- Fees can be paid online at https://www.wdmcs.org/online-payments/ or in person in Valley’s Student Services office by cash, check or card payment.
- Once fees are posted to WDMCS student accounts, families may pay for exams in full ($94/test), or pay in installments with full payment due by March 3, 2020.
IMPORTANT AP DATES
November 2, 2019 through March 3, 2020: After November 1, 2019, full-year and first-semester exams ordered will incur a nonrefundable $40/exam College Board-imposed late fee.
March 3, 2020: Final deadline to order and pay in full for all exams, including second-semester only courses. The College Board does not allow exceptions.
Refunds for second-semester exams requested by March 3, 2020 will receive a $94 refund.
Refunds for full-year and first-semester exams requested after November 1, 2019 and by noon on March 3, 2020 will receive a refund of $54 per exam. This is true even if a student drops an AP course after March 3, 2020.