2020-2021 AP Exam Information
Due to changes by The College Board, AP exam registration must be completed by the following dates to avoid late fees:
Full-year and first semester courses: By November 5, 2020
Second semester-only courses: By March 3, 2021
Note: Even if students are not taking the AP exam in May, they must take action as stated below.
Registration is a 2-step process. Both steps are required to take an AP exam.
It is mandatory students “join” their AP courses by logging into their College Board account (https://myap.collegeboard.org) using the joining code provided by their AP course instructor.
- Most students will have completed this in their AP classes.
- After joining each AP course, students are automatically signed up for an AP exam.
- Students who choose NOT to take the AP exam in May must notify the Counseling Center by Thursday, November 5.
- To register for an AP exam for which you are not enrolled in the corresponding AP course, please see Mr. Larry Mandernach, Counselor, in the Counseling Center for a code to join the course for which you want to test.
Pay for exam(s) by March 3, 2021.
- Fees will be posted to WDMCS student accounts after Valley’s order has been placed with College Board (anticipated by November 13).
- Fees can be paid online at https://www.wdmcs.org/online-payments/ or in person in Valley’s Student Services office by cash, check or card payment.
- Once fees are posted to WDMCS student accounts, families may pay for exams in full ($95/test), or pay in installments with full payment due by March 3, 2021.
IMPORTANT AP DATES
November 7, 2020 through March 3, 2021: After November 6, 2020, full-year and first-semester exams ordered will incur a nonrefundable $40/exam College Board-imposed late fee.
March 3, 2021: Final deadline to order and pay in full for all exams, including second-semester only courses. The College Board does not allow exceptions.
Refunds for second-semester exams requested by March 3, 2021 will receive a full refund.
Refunds for full-year and first-semester exams requested after November 7, 2020 and by noon on March 3, 2021 will receive a full refund. This is true even if a student drops an AP course after March 3, 2021.