Collaborative Field Experience
Valley High School’s Collaborate Field Experience offers juniors and seniors the opportunity to gain real-world experience by working with various businesses and organizations within our community. Students work together on projects for these businesses, collaborating to establish goals and meet deadlines. This practical experience is done off school grounds at a central location where businesses and organizations visit students. They introduce the project and return several times throughout the semester to gauge progress, provide suggestions, and review the final results.
Students who will enter their junior or senior year during the 2018-19 school year can register for the semester-long course. Because this course is limited in size, seniors may receive priority placement. See below for more information on this exciting opportunity!
- Represent the West Des Moines community and school district.
- Degrees of professional dress may be required depending on expectations of the business or organization.
- Students must be able to provide or organize their own transportation.
- Students will be partnering with each other while working in collaboration with adults from professional organizations.
- Must be able to work with some or little supervision at times.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines for class and businesses.
- Businesses will determine guidelines and expectations for projects. Student performance on these projects will be reflected in the grade.
- Students are not allowed to independently arrange a collaborative field experience outside of this course.