Tiger Archery Club was formed in 2009 by Jordan Creek Elementary physical education teacher Lu Suarez. In less than 10 years, the club has grown to include more than 300 students in elementary, middle, and high school. There are 10 instructors, all West Des Moines Community Schools staff and parents certified as Basic Archery Instructors by the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP). Each school’s team meets multiple times per week and teaches Olympic-style indoor archery. Team members learn archery skills as well as discipline, focus, and perseverance. The teams compete at local, regional, and national tournaments throughout the year.
Register for Tiger Archery Club
Registration is online this year! Please complete the online registration and turn in the two forms below by Friday, Nov. 15.
All archers must also turn in a printed and signed Department of Natural Resources (DNR) waiver and a 2019-20 Goals and Expectations sheet.
Remember: The online registration, the DNR waiver, and the goals and expectations form are all due Friday, Nov. 15!
The team membership fee covers the cost of a new team T-shirt*, club equipment purchases, special training sessions, and the archer fees for tournaments. There are addition tournament costs for the Iowa Games and the state or national tournaments if an archer qualifies.
*Team shirts will be ordered by coaches when registrations and payments are in. Additional items for archers and families to order for themselves will be available online soon.
Archery Club Fees Per Family (reduced price for multiple family members)
Please let us know if cost is an issue. We have a limited number of scholarships available and don’t want people left out because of cost.
|Number of Archers/Family||Fees|
If the archer attends:
- Jordan Creek and is in fourth or fifth grade, please make your check out to Jordan Creek PFC. Turn in to Mr. Suarez.
- Stilwell Junior High or is a sixth-grader at Jordan Creek, please make your check out to Stilwell PTO. Turn in to the Stilwell main office.
- Valley Southwoods, please make your check out to Jordan Creek PFC. Turn in to Becky Bennet in the Southwoods main office.
- Valley High School, please make your check out to Jordan Creek PFC. Turn in to Mrs. Wiemers at the Valley Athletics & Activities Office.
Please write “Archery” in the memo line for all checks.
If you are writing checks for more than one school, fees are split evenly between them. Example: A family has one archer at Jordan Creek and one archer at Stilwell. One check each for $50 should be written to Jordan Creek PFC for Jordan Creek Archery and Stilwell PTO for Stilwell Archery.
All archery practices will take place in the Jordan Creek gym, starting Dec. 3.
- Jordan Creek (grades 4-6): either Tuesday or Thursday from 4-5 p.m.
- Stilwell/Indian Hills: either Tuesday or Thursday from 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Valley/Valley Southwoods: either Tuesday or Thursday from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Practice schedules will change after December, with Stilwell and Indian Hills starting to practice at their respective schools.
December Tournament Schedule
- Saturday, Dec. 7
- Saturday, Dec. 14
A full tournament schedule will be posted soon.