Grades 10-12 Physical Education
By the end of high school, the learner will be college- or career-ready, as demonstrated by the ability to plan and implement different types of personal fitness programs; demonstrate competency in two or more lifetime activities; describe key concepts associated with successful participation in physical activity; model responsible behavior while engaged in physical activity; and engage in physical activities that meet the need for self-expression, challenge, social interaction and enjoyment.
- Standard 1. The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Standard 2. The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3. The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4. The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 5. The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction
|Course Title||10||11||12||One Semester||Two Semesters||Credit||Prerequisite Required|
|10th-12th Physical Education||X||X||X||X||1||No|
|Advanced Strength Training and Conditioning||X||X||X||X||1||Yes|
|Basic Strength Training and Conditioning||X||X||X||X||1||No|
|CPR/AED (Blended Instruction)||X||X||X||X||Pass/Fail||No|
|Early Bird Physical Education||X||X||X||X||1||No|
|Lifeguarding (Blended Instruction)||X||X||X||1||Yes|
|Wellness I (Project-Based Learning Network)||X||X||X||X||2||No|
|Wellness II (Project-Based Learning Network)||X||X||X||X||2||No|
The information on this page has been updated for the 2019-20 school year.