Summer Drivers Education
This comprehensive course, offered by StreetSmarts Drivers Education, includes classroom instruction, simulation, and actual driving experience designed to teach the beginning driver to be a skillful defensive driver.
Please contact StreetSmarts at 515-279-1112 or online at www.streetsmartsdriversed.com for dates and fees.
Training and instruction:
- 30 hours of classroom instruction
- six hours behind the wheel
- four hours of instruction concerning substance abuse
- 20 minutes of instruction concerning railroad crossing safety instruction relating to becoming an organ donor under the Uniform Anatomical Gift Act
- The six hours of drive time will be set up during the first class and are scheduled outside of class time.
*Subject to change upon state regulation and curriculum changes
Other Fall and Spring Classes
Other fall and spring classes are available at Walnut Creek Campus. Please contact your Valley counselor to help you select and register for classes at Walnut Creek. All course work at Walnut Creek Campus must have prior approval of Valley High School.
The information on this page has been updated for the 2018-19 school year. Please see the 2017-18 course description catalog for this school year.