With Valley Southwoods Freshman High School since 2011
- 1999-2006: Grades 9-12 Mathematics Teacher and Varsity Girls Basketball Coach, Platteville High School
- 2006-2011: Grades 7-8 Associate Principal, Stilwell Junior High
While with the West Des Moines Community School district, Kuhnert has been part of several district level initiatives around Authentic Intellectual Work (AIW), Transitions, and Anti-bullying. Kuhnert has also been involved with our Substance Abuse Prevention Community Coalition, and Youth Justice Initiative around building a safe community for our students.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville: bachelor’s degree in mathematics and education, master’s degree in Educational Administration
Bryan Stearns, Associate Principal
With Valley Southwoods Freshman High School since 2000
- 1986-1992: Secondary English Teacher and Coach – Laurens-Marathon Community Schools
- 1992-1998: K-12 Principal and Activities Director – Glidden-Ralston Community Schools
- 1998-2000: High School Principal – Fort Madison Community Schools
Stearns has been privileged to fill various leadership assignments over the years. His favorite assignment continues to be working with the student in-front-of-him, helping him/her understand the significance of a strong start to high school.
- Morningside College: BA, English
- Drake University: MSE, Educational Administration (PK-12 Principal)
- Drake University: Ed.S, Educational Leadership (PK-12 Superintendent)