Mitch Kuhnert, Principal
With Valley Southwoods Freshman High School since 2011
- 1999-2006: Grades 9-12 Mathematics Teacher and Varsity Girls Basketball Coach, Platteville High School
- 2006-11: Grades 7-8 Associate Principal, Stilwell Junior High
While with the West Des Moines Community School district, Kuhnert has been part of several district level initiatives around Authentic Intellectual Work (AIW), Transitions, and Anti-bullying. Kuhnert has also been involved with our Substance Abuse Prevention Community Coalition, and Youth Justice Initiative around building a safe community for our students.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville: bachelor’s degree in mathematics and education, master’s degree in Educational Administration
Haley Henry, Associate Principal
With Valley Southwoods Freshman High School since 2018
- 2012-18: secondary English teacher, coach, attendance dean, teacher leader — Southeast Polk Schools
Henry substituted for various district administrators and held multiple leadership roles with the Southeast Polk Schools. She also helped begin the Mentors in Violence Prevention program at Southeast Polk Schools.
- Iowa State University: bachelor’s degree, secondary English education
- Iowa State University: master’s degree, education administration