Principal: Tamara Tjeerdsma
Hours: Regular Schedule 8:20 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
Breakfast 7:50 a.m.
Collaboration Schedule: Wednesdays 8:20 a.m.-2:25 p.m.
Preschool: (starts Sept. 4) 8:20-11:05 a.m. and 12:25-3:10 p.m.
Grades served: PK-6
Crestview Resources During Coronavirus Pandemic
We are here to support our Crestview School of Inquiry families during this difficult time. Please click the links below to access resources.
Dear Crestview students and families – Please see the special messages in the photo collages from the staff! We ALL love and miss you!
Welcome to Crestview School of Inquiry
It is a genuine honor to have the privilege to serve as the new director in the upcoming school years. As I have heard from multiple sources, Crestview School of Inquiry is a “magical place.” I believe that is a tribute to the amazing staff, students, parents and present leadership.
As an administrator of Stretching Minds and assistant principal at Westridge and Jordan Creek elementary schools, I have been able to develop and implement the vision that I would want in any building I am entrusted, including Crestview. I have been, and continue to be, committed to creating the following:
- a safe space where every student can grow and thrive academically and emotionally; a space where truth is spoken over them about their identity and their ability to learn and achieve
- a building where every person feels valued; a place where every member knows they’re a vital member to student achievement and development
- a place where deep learning happens by allowing students and staff to communicate and collaborate, by allowing them to be creative and given engaging critical thinking opportunities, and an opportunity to develop their character and citizenship
- classrooms where there is joy and inspiration for both the students and teachers; a place where they feel safe to take risks to learn and grow
- a collaborative team that will genuinely love and invest in the children with compassion and accountability; one that has high aspirations for each student and provides the supports needed
- a shared leadership team that is willing to learn and implement best practices to ensure student success; one that is willing to partner in professional development and professional learning communities that are purposeful and solution focused
- a strong partnership with all stakeholders, including parents and community members
My passion and mission has always been to equip, encourage, and empower those I am able to serve. This is accomplished and enhanced by a strong collaborative culture. I genuinely believe that we are “Better Together.” I am committed to the children, staff, and families of Crestview, and I look forward to partnering with you to make 2019-20 an amazing year for OUR children.
Mrs. Tamara Tjeerdsma
Project-Based Learning at Crestview School of Inquiry
Crestview School of Inquiry implements the project-based learning (PBL) framework that encourages all learners to take ownership of their learning by building skills necessary for collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving. Students master the core standards through authentic, real-world problems, which provide for deep learning opportunities. As in the past, we will continue our commitment to helping all students learn at high levels. This can only occur through the guidance of our a highly trained staff members who are dedicated to the success of all students.