All elementary schools at West Des Moines Community Schools will be represented for “Elementary Night” at the next Valley High School home football game, when the Class 4A third-ranked Tigers face No. 8 Cedar Rapids Kennedy.
Like any other home game, it is expected for parents to attend with their student, if you decide to go.
Here are the basics:
- When is the game: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7.
- Where is the game: Valley Stadium, 4440 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines.
- What should we wear: Everyone is encouraged to wear their school shirts or Tiger apparel. Students can purchase shirts through their school store.
And here are the perks for WDMCS elementary students:
- Discounted tickets: Elementary students get in for $4. Students just have to say which WDMCS elementary they attend to receive discounted pricing. All other tickets cost $6. This ticket discount for WDMCS elementary students is for this game only.
- Opportunity to be a Kid Captain: One lucky student will walk with the Valley team captains during the coin toss and will get to sit in a special section on the field with their family.
- Chance to run on the field: A handful of selected students will lead the team run prior to kickoff, marching to midfield as the Valley players and coaches follow.
- Prizes and giveaways: T-shirts will be thrown in the air to students sitting in the elementary sections. View more information about the new stadium seating arrangements.
- Autographs and photos: At the end of the game, students can get autographs and take photos with Tiger players and coaches.
- And much, much more.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Brad Rose, Athletics and Activities Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-633-4259, or Nate Lingren, Athletics and Activities Coordinator, at email@example.com or 515-633-4249.
- September 4, 2018