Secondary Options Second Semester
Is Online Learning a Good Fit for Your Student?
Before you decide, answer these questions.
Do You Have What You Need at Home?
- Does your student have adequate internet bandwidth to support virtual meetings without disruption?
- Does your student have a space to work that is quiet, with school supplies and few distractions?
- Does your student have an adult able to help navigate questions, technology issues, or monitor safety online?
If you need technology support, let us know.
Virtual Learning Experience?
- Has your student been successful with managing their time when balancing independent work with remoting into each course?
- Has your student been able to connect with their teachers in a meaningful way?
- Does your student engage with the teacher and peers when remoting into each course?
Social & Emotional Support?
- Does your student have peers that they connect with whether their friends are learning online or at school?
- Does your student feel as though their teachers or other teaching staff knows them well?
- Does your student enjoy learning online?
- Does your student have satisfactory work completion?
- Does your student understand the material being taught, with a minimal amount of additional guidance or instruction?
- How are first semester grades?
- Do you or an immediate family member have a pre-existing condition that might make them significantly higher risk if exposed to COVID-19?
- Do you follow CDC recommended mitigation strategies at home and in public places?
Understand Online Schedules
Valley High School, Valley Southwoods Freshman High School, and Indian Hills and Stilwell junior highs will use block scheduling for the 2020-21 school year. Walnut Creek Campus students will attend seven classes each day (similar to previous years).
Example Daily Online Schedules