We are dedicated to supporting the health and safety of each student and staff member. Using guidance from Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Iowa/Polk County Department of Public Health (I/PCDPH), Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the American Academy of Pediatric guidance, we developed the following specific mitigation strategies throughout all of our buildings.
- Social distancing guidelines are being implemented to the extent possible. Floor decals and signage will be utilized to note distances of at least six feet apart.
- Employees were provided with a plastic face shield and expected to use PPE and/or the face shield when outside their work space or when unable to social distance. Cloth face coverings are strongly recommended in addition to the face shield.
- Protective physical equipment (PPE) such as a cloth face covering are required for students if unable to social distance in areas such as on the bus or within a hallway.
- Employees are required to complete a daily health self-assessment prior to the start of their work day. Students may be asked to self-assess depending on the activity.
- Handwashing and hygiene training will be provided to employees and students.
- All students will have regular hand washing breaks scheduled during the school day.
- Cleaning and disinfecting continue in each area, on an enhanced schedule. High-touch areas such as handrails and doorknobs will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Water fountains were disconnected. Bottle fillers and sanitizing stations are provided in each building.
- Plexiglass barriers were be installed for public facing employees.
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies have been provided for each space in the school, in addition to the enhanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule of the custodial staff.