Prepare to Graduate!
We are entering a very important and exciting time in a senior’s education. Don't miss these upcoming events and deadlines.
2021 Commencement Details
Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 12 p.m. at Valley Stadium
- Each graduate can bring four guests to the event.
- Students MUST enter with all of their guests.
- The stadium will open 90 minutes before the event start time (gates open at 10:30 a.m.)
Check in your Chromebook!
Your WDMCS Chromebook must be turned in before you graduate. Please keep in mind that you should NOT turn it in until you are SURE you are done with your classwork. Some teachers may require use of the Chromebook until your last day.
When you are sure you are done with it, you may turn it in WITH YOUR CHARGER any time during the following window:
- May 17-26, 2021 from 7:30am-3:30pm in the VHS Media Center
- You must have the charger AND chromebook at the time of check in. If you have lost the charger, you will be billed $23.
Other Important Information
Seniors Come Home
Seniors who attended an elementary school in the district as sixth graders are invited to return to their home elementary school to celebrate their graduation at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021. The elementary school celebration start times and festivities may vary slightly by school. Contact your elementary school to learn more.
- Clive Learning Academy: 515-633-5800
- Crestview School of Inquiry: 515-633-5700
- Crossroads Park Elementary: 515-633-5200
- Fairmeadows Elementary: 515-633-6500
- Hillside Elementary: 515-633-6200
- Jordan Creek Elementary: 515-633-5200
- Western Hills Elementary: 515-633-5900
- Westridge Elementary: 515-633-5400
Senior Fees and Fines
All fees and fines must be paid by NOON, Friday May 21, 2021, or they will be turned over to a collection agency after our commencement ceremony.
Honors Recognition Night
Wednesday, May 26, 2021, in the Valley High School Fieldhouse.
- The National Honor Society induction will begin at 6 p.m.
- The induction program will be followed by the Senior Awards and Scholarship Recognition at 7 p.m.
Friday, May 28, 2021, at 10 a.m. at the Valley Stadium.
- This is the only practice for the actual commencement program.
- The practice will last approximately two hours.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed during lunch on Tuesday, May 25. For those who did not pick up or are on-line students, you will have another opportunity by the West Doors/Cafe V from 6 p.m. Traffic pattern signs will be posted.
Want to save any of your Google files?
When you graduate, your WDMCS google account will be deactivated. If you want to save anything, you MUST take action, or your files will be deleted over the summer.
Senior Portrait Yearbook Information: Class of 2022
All Class of 2022 seniors must still have a photo taken during registration for identification cards and Infinite Campus records, regardless of senior photography submissions.
Please make certain your photographer is aware of these requirements before the session. All photos must be submitted by the Friday, October 29, 2021 deadline, no exceptions.