Prepare to Graduate!
We are entering a very important and exciting time in a senior’s education. Don't miss these upcoming events and deadlines.
Seniors Last Day of School
Wednesday, May 26, is the last day of school for Valley seniors.
Friday, May 28, 2021, at 10 a.m. at the Valley Stadium.
- This is the only practice for the actual commencement program.
- The practice will last approximately two hours.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed during lunch on Tuesday, May 25. For those who did not pick up or are on-line students, you will have another opportunity by the West Doors/Cafe V from 6-7 p.m. Traffic pattern signs will be posted.
Commencement (Day of Graduation) Details
Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 12 p.m. at Valley Stadium
- Masks are NOT required.
- Guests are no longer limited to four. We ask families to sit together.
- Social distancing in the bleachers will not be enforced.
- Chairs on the field will be separated into groups of four to allow some families to social distance. This seating is limited and is available on a first-come basis.
- Students do not need to enter the stadium with their families, but we ask families to ride together due to limited parking.
- The stadium will open 90 minutes before the event start time (gates open at 10:30 a.m.)
- Graduates should arrive before 11:50 a.m. in order to find their seat before the ceremony begins.
Check in your Chromebook!
Your WDMCS Chromebook must be turned in before you graduate. Please keep in mind that you should NOT turn it in until you are SURE you are done with your classwork. Some teachers may require use of the Chromebook until your last day.
When you are sure you are done with it, you may turn it in WITH YOUR CHARGER any time during the following window:
- May 17-26, 2021 from 7:30am-3:30pm in the VHS Media Center
- You must have the charger AND chromebook at the time of check in. If you have lost the charger, you will be billed $23.
Other Important Information
Seniors Come Home
Seniors who attended an elementary school in the district as sixth graders are invited to return to their home elementary school to celebrate their graduation at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. The elementary school celebration start times and festivities may vary slightly by school.
- Clive Learning Academy: Drive-through to see staff.
- Crestview School of Inquiry: 515-633-5700
- Crossroads Park Elementary: 515-633-5200
- Fairmeadows Elementary: 515-633-6500
- Hillside Elementary: Drive-through to see staff and pick up sixth grade art project.
- Jordan Creek Elementary: Outdoor gathering by the playground. Seniors will receive their time capsules they made in sixth grade.
- Western Hills Elementary: Outdoor gathering by the playground. Seniors will receive a letter they wrote to themselves in sixth grade.
- Westridge Elementary: Outdoor gathering by the playground. Seniors will receive a letter they wrote to themselves in sixth grade.
Senior Fees and Fines
All fees and fines must be paid by NOON, Friday May 21, 2021, or they will be turned over to a collection agency after our commencement ceremony.
Senior Honors Recognition Night
Wednesday, May 26, 2021, in the Valley High School Bill Coldiron Fieldhouse (large gym).
- The National Honor Society induction will begin at 6 p.m.
- The induction program will be followed by the Senior Awards and Scholarship Recognition at 7 p.m.
- Students who will be recognized during the event will receive a postcard invitation in the mail, as well as an email invitation.
- Guests are no longer limited to two. We ask families to sit together.
- Invited students are required to RSVP for the event by Monday, May 24 using this link: bit.ly/2021HonorsEveningRSVP. Should a student miss this RSVP deadline, please contact Polly Maly, Counseling Secretary, at email@example.com or 515-633-4210.
Hey Seniors and Senior Parents! Still need help completing your FAFSA?
ICAN will be hosting a FAFSA Step-by-Step event virtually next Wednesday, May 19 at 6 p.m. This event will be led by an Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) team member with additional team members and FAFSA certified volunteers available in the chat or in breakout rooms to answer questions as families follow along and complete the FAFSA form. Register here.
Additional events will be held over the summer on the following dates:
June 9: 3 p.m. - Register
July 21: 10 a.m. - Register
August 11: Noon - Register
Valley seniors are being surveyed about their post-high school plans and where they would like their final official Valley transcript sent. Follow this link for the Senior Survey for more information on final transcripts (for Valley and DMACC) and to submit the information.
- For those students who have taken dual credit classes, ordering a DMACC transcript is a separate process and a separate transcript. Information is given in the survey.
- Please note that postsecondary institutions will likely continue to notify students through June that they need to submit a final transcript. These are auto-generated messages and there is no need to contact the Valley Registrar.
- Final Valley transcripts are anticipated to be sent out mid-June.
Want to save any of your Google files?
When you graduate, your WDMCS google account will be deactivated. If you want to save anything, you MUST take action, or your files will be deleted over the summer.