Seniors: What You Need to Know
Class of 2022: Prepare to Graduate!
We are entering a very important and exciting time in a senior’s education. Don't miss these upcoming events and deadlines.
Seniors Last Day of School
Thursday, May 26, is the last day of school for Valley seniors.
Friday, May 27, 2022, at 10 a.m. at the Valley Stadium.
- This is the only practice for the actual commencement program.
- The practice will last approximately two hours.
- UPDATE: Caps and gowns will be distributed at commencement practice.
Commencement (Day of Graduation) Details
Sunday, May 29, 2022, at 7 p.m. at Valley Stadium
- Masks are NOT required.
- We ask families to sit together in the bleachers.
- Social distancing in the bleachers will not be enforced.
- We ask families to ride together due to limited parking.
- The stadium will open 90 minutes before the event start time (gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
- Graduates should arrive before 6:45 p.m. in order to find their seat before the ceremony begins.
- First Rain Date: Monday, May 30 at 10 a.m. (Doors open 90 minutes prior, seniors need to arrive by 9:45 a.m.)
- Second Rain Date: Monday, May 30 at 7 p.m. (Doors open 90 minutes prior, seniors need to arrive by 6:45 p.m.)
Check in your Chromebook!
Your WDMCS Chromebook must be turned in before you graduate. Please keep in mind that you should NOT turn it in until you are SURE you are done with your classwork. Some teachers may require use of the Chromebook until your last day.
When you are sure you are done with it, you may turn it in WITH YOUR CHARGER any time during the following window:
- May 16-26, 2022 from 7:30am-3:30pm in the VHS Media Center
- You must have the charger AND chromebook at the time of check in. If you have lost the charger, you will be billed $20.
- Chromebooks not turned in will be locked and considered lost. A lost Chromebook charge is $235.
Other Important Information
Seniors Come Home
Seniors who attended an elementary school in the district as sixth graders are invited to return to their home elementary school to celebrate their graduation at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 25, 2021.
- Updated times as of May 23: Most buildings will start their celebrations at 3:30 p.m. Crossroads will start at 2:50 p.m.
Senior Fees and Fines
All fees and fines must be paid by NOON, Friday May 20, 2022, or they will be turned over to a collection agency after our commencement ceremony.
Senior Honors Recognition Night
Wednesday, May 25, 2022, in the Valley High School Bill Coldiron Fieldhouse (large gym).
- The National Honor Society induction will begin at 6 p.m.
- The induction program will be followed by the Senior Awards and Scholarship Recognition at 7 p.m.
- All are welcome to attend, though only students who will be recognized during the event will receive a postcard invitation in the mail, as well as an email invitation.
FAFSA stands for FREE Application for Federal Student Aid. FAFSA is THE form required at all colleges that accept and award federal aid. It’s the form that provides college financial aid officers with the information they need to determine a federal aid package for your senior.
ICAN offers resources to help families complete FAFSA information. Visit their website to schedule an appointment or find nearby events.
Valley seniors are being surveyed about their post-high school plans and where they would like their final official Valley transcript sent. Seniors can complete this information via a survey in Infinite Campus.
- For those students who have taken dual credit classes, ordering a DMACC transcript is a separate process and a separate transcript. Information is given in the survey.
- Please note that postsecondary institutions will likely continue to notify students through June that they need to submit a final transcript. These are auto-generated messages and there is no need to contact the Valley Registrar.
- Final Valley transcripts are anticipated to be sent out mid-June.
2022 Senior Yearbook Information
- Access the Class of 2022 Portrait Confirmation Folder using: bit.ly/2022seniorportraitfolder
- Senior Portraits Deadline: Friday, Oct. 29
- Senior Portrait Requirements: bit.ly/2022seniorportraitinfo
- Senior Portrait Proofing Period, November 3-17
- Senior Recognition/Baby Ad:
- Early Bird Discount, $50, Deadline September 1
- After 9/1 , $55, Deadline November 19
- To design a quarter page ad, visit www.yearbookordercenter.com and use VHS code 3694. You will find easy-to-follow instructions and you may include several photos and text in your ad. The quarter-page ads are sold as individual units and cannot be combined. You may, however, purchase more than one block if you wish. In order to ensure your blocks appear together, email email@example.com.
- NEW THIS YEAR: You will also have the option to purchase a half-page ad. Early bird ad cost is $100 until September 1, 2021. After that, the price increases to $110.
- Last day to order a yearbook is January 15. Order Here: tinyurl.com/OrderTigerTales OR use the code 3694 on yearbookordercenter.com.
If you have any questions, please email Janell Mikels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to save any of your Google files?
Soon after you graduate, your WDMCS google account will be deactivated. If you want to save anything, you MUST take action, or your files will be deleted over the summer.