WDMCS Reads Overview
WDMCS Reads celebrates the “community” in West Des Moines Community Schools. Spanning portions of West Des Moines, Clive, Urbandale, and Windsor Heights, the district invites people from all of our communities to come together to read, ask questions, and share perspectives.
How You Can Participate
- Gather together your neighbors, children, co-workers, new residents, and others to read and talk. If you already have a book club, consider one of our WDMCS Reads selections as your next book. Maybe join another book club in reading the book.
- Check out or purchase one of the WDMCS Reads selections and pass it on.
- Participate in and attend WDMCS Reads events!
2018: Laurie Halse Anderson
- "Speak" (grades 9-12)
- "Chains" (grades 7-8)
- "Fever 1793" (grades 5-6)
- "Independent Dames" (grades K-2)
2016: Kwame Alexander
- "The Crossover" (grade 3+)
Last Modified on March 12, 2021