About Kids Bank
Welcome to Kids Bank! In partnership with First National Bank in Valley Junction, Kids Bank provides students with hands-on experiences involving the organization and operation of a financial institution. This program is tied to the Positive Behavior and Instructional Supports (PBIS) program, which is an important aspect of the Hillside Elementary community.
At Kids Bank, students have the opportunity to be:
- Board Members: Open new Kids Bank accounts and keep track of employee attendance.
- Bank Tellers: Count money at the beginning and end of each day and complete deposit/withdrawal transactions for customers.
- Marketing Committee: Create advertisements and announcements promoting the program.
Kids Bank Guidelines
- The minimum opening deposit for Kids Bank is 25 cents. The maximum daily cash deposit amount is $20. A student must be accompanied by a parent or provide a parent note granting permission to make a deposit greater than $20 in cash. Checks can be deposited for any amount.
- A student must be accompanied by a parent or provide a parent note granting permission to make a withdrawal. A check will be issued for amounts greater than $5.
- Students who move may close their accounts and request that a check be issued from First National Bank for the account balance. Sixth-grade students can convert their account to a First National Bank account and continue saving or they will receive a check at the end of the year for any money that have saved.
- Funds do accumulate interest over the summer. However, students are not able to make deposits or withdrawals at any of the First National Bank branches during the school year or summer months.
Please note these photos were captured prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.