Human Resources Overview
The Human Resources department oversees one of our district’s greatest resources – our employees. The department strives to provide our students and parents with a talented, knowledgeable, and dedicated workforce by:
- reaching out locally and nationally to recruit quality and diverse staff members.
- supporting professional development and training,
- fostering an engaging and caring work environment.
The department supports more than 1,600 employees, substitutes, and our retiree recognition program.
Agreements and Schedules
For information on obtaining a license in the State of Iowa please contact:
State of Iowa Board of Educational Examiners (Licensure)
Grimes State Office Building
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0146
Phone (515) 281-3245
Fax (515) 242-5988
It is the responsibility of the employee to obtain the proper license and endorsements for employment.
When a work injury occurs, it is important to make sure the employee gets the best care as soon as possible. If you sustain an injury arising out of your employment, follow these procedures
- Get first aid promptly or if it is an emergency, call 911 (9-911 from school phone).
- Report the injury to your immediate supervisor or principal/designee on the day of the incident. As soon as the injury is reported, the injured worker and supervisor should call the SFM Work Injury
Hotline, (855) 675-3501, together. If a supervisor isn’t immediately available, the employee should call the hotline.
Carol Seid, Ed.D
Anthony Ferguson, Jr., Ed.D.
Executive Director of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
Beginning Teacher/Mentor Coordinator
Equal Employment Opportunity
The West Des Moines Community School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs or its employment practices.
Inquiries and grievances may be directed to our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Coordinator, at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50265 or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Kansas City, MO.