Updated with information for the 2023-24 school year.
Students must have a minimum of 48 credits, including four (4) credits from physical education (Board Policy 505.06). One credit of physical education will be taken each year of high school. The specific requirements are as follows:
Valley Honors Diploma Program
English and Language Arts (8 credits)
- Accelerated Literature & Composition/Fundamentals of Writing (2 credits) fulfills the ninth grade Language & Literature requirement and the 10th grade Fundamentals of Writing; students must meet entrance criteria.
- Debate I/Public Speaking (2 credit courses) fulfills the Speech Communication graduation requirement and one Language Arts elective credit.
- Speech Composition (2 credits) fulfills the Speech requirement and the Fundamentals of Writing requirement.
- Students need to verify Valley course selection to ensure that they meet Language Arts requirements for their post-secondary school of choice.
Fine Arts (1 credit)
Mathematics (6 credits) including Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra II
Physical Education and Health (4 P.E. credits, 1 Health credit)
- All students will be required to obtain credit in P.E. during each school year of attendance as a requirement for graduation. Exemptions will be granted in accordance with law and policy.
- Students earn 1 credit per semester (1 credit per year for Early Bird PE).
- In addition, students must take a CPR course that consists of components that could lead to CPR certification.
Science (6 credits)
- Advanced Physical Science fulfills the Physical Science requirement
Social Studies (6 credits)
Last Modified on December 9, 2022