Updated with information for the 2022-23 school year.
Students must have a minimum of 48 credits, including four (4) credits from physical education. One credit of physical education will be taken each year of high school. The specific requirements are as follows:
English and Language Arts (8 credits)
- Accelerated Literature & Composition/Fundamentals of Writing (2 credits) fulfills the ninth grade Language & Literature requirement and the 10th grade Fundamentals of Writing; students must meet entrance criteria.
- Debate I/Public Speaking (2 credit courses) fulfills the Speech Communication graduation requirement and one Language Arts elective credit.
- Speech Composition (2 credits) fulfills the Speech requirement and the Fundamentals of Writing requirement.
- Students need to verify Valley course selection to ensure that they meet Language Arts requirements for their post-secondary school of choice.
Fine Arts (1 credit)
Mathematics (6 credits) including Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra II
- Eighth-Grade Algebra I C and/or Geometry C, must be taken for high school credit.
Physical Education and Health (4 P.E. credits, 1 Health credit)
- All students will be required to obtain credit in P.E. during each school year of attendance as a requirement for graduation. Exemptions will be granted in accordance with law and policy.
- Students earn .5 credits per semester.
- In addition, students must take a CPR course that consists of components that could lead to CPR certification.
Science (6 credits)
- Advanced Physical Science fulfills the Physical Science requirement
Social Studies (6 credits)
- American Heritage (4 credits) fulfills the U.S. History graduation requirement, the Literature elective requirement (American Literature), and the Language Arts elective (Intermediate Writing).