On-Site Enrollment Support
On-site enrollment support is provided each summer prior to the beginning of the school year. Families who move into the district in the middle of the school year can receive on-site support from the Registrar at the Learning Resource Center (LRC).
Due to COVID-19, we encourage families to enroll online, if possible. Our annual enrollment process is available in both English and Spanish. However, we wish to support families without internet access or those in need of an interpreter. Several on-site enrollment support dates are available for our WDMCS families. You can enroll at ANY location. You do not need to go to the school where your child attends to enroll.
What to Bring
- Proof of residency. If you moved during the past school year, please bring a utility bill or other accepted proof of residency document.
- Immunization Records. Iowa law requires a parent to verify proper immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella to enroll in school.
- Health History. You will be asked to enter general health history information for each student you register. Depending on the age and/or grade of your student, additional information may be requested. Please be prepared to complete health information.
- Healthy & Safety Questions. You will answer a few health questions to assist with COVID-19 protocols.
- Access Infinite Campus & Copy/Scan Documents. If you do not have a login for Infinite Campus, you will be assigned one. You CAN create one on your own. Watch video on how you can create an account. The documents that you bring will be copied as part of the enrollment process.
- Online Enrollment & Bus Registration. Interpreters and volunteers will be available to help families enroll online. You can sign up for bus transportation if you have not already. You can also sign up for transportation online.
- Nutrition (Optional). You can complete paperwork if you qualify for free or reduced lunch and fee waivers.
- Community Resources. Take a grab bag with information on numerous community resources as you exit.
Biak Cin Thang
Burmese/Hakha Chin Bilingual Family Liaison
Spanish Bilingual Family Liaison
Learning Resource Center
3550 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Proof of Residency
All new students entering WDMCS must provide the proper documentation to establish proof of residency. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Acceptable proof of residency documents are:
Homeowner (one of the following)
- Printed verification page from the Polk County Assessor’s web page.
- A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill.
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement.
- A copy of a utility bill for the last of current month.
Recently closed on a new home
- A copy of the settlement statement from closing or a warranty deed.
Recently made an offer on a home
- Upon closing, provide a copy of the settlement statement or a warranty deed.
One of the following:
- A copy of your lease agreement with the term listed. The agreement MUST contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your address within WDMCS boundaries.
Renter without a lease (on a month-to-month basis)
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your address.