About Walnut Creek Campus
A Message from Principal Davis
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Walnut Creek Campus. We are proud to have you as part of our learning community. Our mission is to inspire growth and connections through personalized education.
We are a school who practices restorative justice, which is a collaborative process that helps students learn positive communication skills and helps them to take ownership for their behavior. The process allows students to make commitments that will help them become more successful. We strive to work collaboratively with one another to ensure that all of our students maximize their potential. Many students that come to us have not felt successful in school for some time or have personal issues that they are battling. Some simply needed a smaller/different environment so they could thrive.
At Walnut Creek Campus we are also constantly addressing how we can make the curriculum more rigorous, relevant and engaging. We all know that students learn best when they are appropriately challenged and when they see a clear purpose for their learning. The academic component is designed to accommodate students who have not met with success in the comprehensive high school or who have special learning needs. In addition, class sizes are small and everything we do is designed to meet the needs of our students.
At Walnut Creek Campus we focus on building relationships with one another. I firmly believe that without relationships, very little can be accomplished. Our hope is that every student, parent/guardian, and staff member feels cared for and lifted.
Dr. Kim Davis, Principal
Walnut Creek Campus Mission
Inspiring growth and connections through personalized education.
Walnut Creek Campus is unique because…
- We Are Personalized. Caring staff focus on community building with students. A small student-teacher ratio enhances learning.
- We Are Student Centered. We emphasize growth in personal, social, career and academic areas. Students and staff work collaboratively to meet the needs of each student.
- We Are Flexible. We offer different types of programming to meet students' needs. Classes are completed at a student’s individual pace.
- We Are Success Oriented. In order to meet with academic success, students are able to re-enroll in courses in order to continue their learning when needed.
- We Are Activity-Based. Classes use varied teaching styles to involve students. Teachers and students work together to adapt lessons according to individual learning styles.
- We Are Supportive. The Walnut Creek Campus staff is trauma-informed and uses restorative practices.