Important Notice Regarding COVID-19: The 2020-21 school year’s instructional format will remain flexible to ensure student and staff safety. WDMCS may adjust processes and learning environments at any given point throughout the school year. Depending on community health conditions, a temporary transition to online learning could take place at a classroom, school, or district level.
Families were given the choice for their student to learn at school or online for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.
Second Semester Matrix for Transitioning Online
0-9% Positivity in Polk County
- Students learn at school or online based on what families chose.
- Daily wellness checks by staff and students who learn on-site.
- Face masks required. Social distancing followed when possible.
- Practice frequent hand washing and other safety measures.
- Continued consultation with local health officials.
10+% Positivity in Polk County
WDMCS considers whether or not to temporarily move a classroom, school, or the entire district online.
Things to consider
- Positivity percentage in classroom, school, or district.
- Types and number of student absences.
- Availability of staff within a classroom, building, or school.
WDMCS will call a Board meeting to provide a recommendation to the Board for review.