An Opportunity for Everyone!
WDMCS Community Education is an outreach department of the WDMCS. We provide opportunities for learning, service, and fun to people of all ages.
To serve the needs of the community by connecting people, ideas, and resources.
- Citizens are in the best position to identify and address community needs.
- Learning is a lifelong process and people of all ages need opportunities to learn and grow.
- Schools belong to the community and should be available to people of all ages.
- Collaboration and partnerships with other organizations are essential to meeting the needs of our community effectively and efficiently.
Our vision is to offer opportunities to experience life fully through learning, service, personal growth, social development, and spaces to gather.
We create a sense of community by involving citizens in the process to identify existing and emerging community needs, and then working together to address those needs.
We are a key resource for community members of all ages and backgrounds, serving as a central hub to help people connect to programs, services, and facilities they need and want.
We see a community full of members interested in expanding their world, and we focus on instilling a love of learning and service to others, for generations to come.
- The Community Education Advisory Council (CEAC) is a volunteer group of citizens who identify community needs and find ways to meet those needs.
- The staff operate programs and provide services to meet identified needs in our community.
- Partnerships with other organizations maximize the use of limited resources and serve our community effectively.
We are driven by our people focus and respect for all. We strive to provide relevant and enriching opportunities while having fun and fostering a spirit of team unity.
WDMCS Community Education Office
Learning Resource Center
3550 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.