An Opportunity for Everyone!
Community Education is a department of the West Des Moines Community School District. We support and serve our students, families, and community through classes, before and after school care, intercultural outreach, service opportunities, and facility use. We work collaboratively to provide opportunities that are inclusive, accessible, and responsive.
To support and serve our school community through programming, outreach, service, and facility use.
- Citizens are in the best position to identify and address community needs.
- Learning is a lifelong process and people of all ages need opportunities to learn and grow.
- Schools belong to the community and should be available to people of all ages.
- Collaboration and partnerships with other organizations are essential to meeting the needs of our community effectively and efficiently.
To positively impact the quality of life in our school community by providing opportunities that are inclusive, accessible, and responsive to needs.
- The Community Education Advisory Council (CEAC) is a volunteer group of citizens who identify community needs and find ways to meet those needs.
- The staff operate programs and provide services to meet identified needs in our community.
- Partnerships with other organizations maximize the use of limited resources and serve our community effectively.
We are driven by our people focus and respect for all. We strive to provide relevant and enriching opportunities while having fun and fostering a spirit of team unity.
WDMCS Community Education Office
Learning Resource Center
3550 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.