Elementary School Expectations
Cell Phones and Communication
Student Dress and Appearance
Visitors in the Building
Please have your students arrive no earlier than 8:45 a.m. as that is the time adult supervision begins. Students should go to their designated outdoor arrival area for their grade level. In case of cold weather or rain, students should enter the building and go to their designated area inside.
The first bell to begin the day starts at 9:05 a.m. and students arriving after 9:05 a.m. will marked tardy. Dismissal is 3:55 p.m. IMPORTANT: Wednesday Early Dismissal is 3:10 p.m.
Drop-Off/Pick-Up Through Parking Lot on 56th Street
- RIGHT TURN ONLY INTO PARKING LOT
- The parking lot will have cones to only allow vehicles to ENTER the parking lot by turning right from 56th St.
- No parking along 56th St. by the parking lot entrance.
- Once in the lot, turn right and follow the path around to the crosswalk.
- Dropoff/pickup at the crosswalk only.
- Drivers should not park or exit the vehicle at any time.
- Continue ONE WAY and exit onto the lane that is by the side entrance of the building.
Family Drop-Off/Pick-Up from 56th Street
- NO LEFT TURNS into this lane are allowed 30 minutes before or after school.
- Drive north on 56th Street.
- Drivers can park but should not exit the vehicle on 56th Street. Please keep the line moving. Your student can exit the vehicle curbside in the morning or enter curbside at the end of the day.
- Turn right into the entrance and form ONE LINE.
- This lane is for dropoff/pickup. Pull all the way to the end of the lane by the sign that reads “Stop Here for Dropoff/PickUp; Do not exit vehicle.”
- After dropoff/pickup, exit onto EP True Parkway.
Westridge Student Meals/Menus
Breakfast is served each day from 8:35-9:05 a.m. Only students eating breakfast will be allowed in the building before 8:55 a.m. Students entering the building before 8:55 a.m. should not go to their locker or classroom first but should go straight to the cafeteria where breakfast is served and supervision is provided. At 8:55 a.m., students will be dismissed to their classrooms. After the
9:05 a.m. tardy bell, elementary students can check into the office and get a breakfast pass for a grab-and-go cold breakfast.
Breakfast cost for all K-6th graders at Westridge is $2.25 ($0.30 reduced rate).
Students can choose between a hot lunch option (changes daily), a cold lunch option, and a yogurt/granola and string cheese entree kit. Students can also choose a hot vegetable, cold fruits and vegetables, and their choice of milk (skim, skim chocolate, or 1%). Students will pick the meal they would like as they go through the line (no preordering). Students bringing lunch from home can supplement their meal with fruits, veggies, and milk (at least three items) from the cafeteria line.
Lunch cost for all K-6th graders at Westridge is $3.20 ($0.40 reduced rate).
Eating Lunch with Students
Families are invited to eat lunch with their child at school a few times throughout the school year. You may bring a sack lunch or pay for your lunch as you go through the lunch line using your child’s nutrition account or in cash with exact change or small bills. Please call the school office by 9:15 a.m. of the morning you will be joining us for lunch so you can be included in our daily lunch count. If we receive a higher number of requests in a single day, we may limit the number of families that can eat lunch at school that day.
For a special occasion, such as a child’s birthday, we invite you to bring lunch from a restaurant for you and/or your child. However, we will find an area in the building or on school grounds separate from the lunchroom for you to eat. Families are welcome to take their child out for lunch during their specific lunch/recess time if they wish.