PBIS at Hillside
Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) is a system of tools and strategies for defining, teaching, acknowledging appropriate behavior, and correcting inappropriate behavior. It is a framework for creating customized school systems that support student outcomes and academic success. Schoolwide PBIS focuses on the development and implementation of proactive procedures and practices to prevent problem behavior for all students and improve school climate.
Our schoolwide behavior system is built on these PBIS principles:
- Define school-wide behavioral expectations
- Teach schoolwide behavioral expectations
- Monitor and acknowledge appropriate behavior
- Use a continuum of consequences for inappropriate behavior
- Use data for decision-making
At Hillside Elementary, our PBIS expectations are that we will be RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, SAFE, and CARING.