Elementary School Expectations
If your child is eating breakfast, please have your students arrive no earlier than 7:45 a.m. as that is the time adult supervision begins. Students not
eating breakfast should not arrive until 8:05 a.m. Students should go to the front door. The first bell to begin the day starts at 8:05 a.m. and students arriving after 8:20 a.m. will be marked tardy. Dismissal is at 3:10 p.m. IMPORTANT: Wednesday Early Dismissal is 2:25 p.m.
To keep students safe and traffic moving, please follow these drop off/pick up procedures:
Drop off /Pick-up Procedures
East Parking Lot: We have increased the space in the drop off/pick up area. When you drop off/pick up in the East parking lot, please:
- Pull all the way to the front of the driveway to the drop off/pick up area. Students will then walk to their designated doors. Do not drop students off at the 4th/5th or 2nd/3rd grade doors.
- Stop at the stop sign before proceeding to the drop off/pick up location. This will allow walkers to cross safely. This is NOT where you will drop off/pick up your children.
- Please EXIT only RIGHT on Franklin to keep traffic moving.
Circle Drive: Morning Drop-Off
Any student can be dropped off in the circle drive in the morning. However, students must enter the building at their designated door. Please drive all the way into the circle drive to drop off your child. If parking on Franklin, please walk to the corner of 82nd and Franklin to cross with the crossing guard. Do not walk your child across Franklin Street.
Circle Drive: Afternoon Pick-Up
After school, the circle drive is only for daycare vans. Walkers or students being picked up by parents parked on Franklin must cross Franklin at the 82nd/Franklin intersection using the crossing guard. We have invested in a crossing guard daily from 7:45-8:20 a.m. and from 3-3:20 p.m.
There is no parking in the bus section on the south side of the building. Finally, when crossing the parking lot, please use the crosswalk.
Crestview Student Meals
Offered daily 30 minutes prior to the bell. Students can select from a minimum of three entrée choices:
- alternating main entrée choice;
- cold breakfast consisting of cereal and toast;
- yogurt and toast option.
- Assorted flavors of 8 oz. milk.
- Fruit and or vegetable choices including 100% juice.
- Breads/grains in the form of cereal, toast, pancakes, etc., and/or meat or meat alternate.
Breakfast is served each day from 8:35-9:05 a.m. Only students eating breakfast will be allowed in the building before 8:55 a.m. Students entering the building before 8:55 a.m. should not go to their locker or classroom first but should go straight to the cafeteria where breakfast is served and supervision is provided. At 8:55 a.m., students will be dismissed to their classrooms. After the 9:05 a.m. tardy bell, elementary students can check into the office and get a breakfast pass for a grab-and-go cold breakfast.
Breakfast cost for all K-6th graders at Crestview will be FREE this year thanks to a grant obtained for some WDMCS schools.
- Students can select from a hot lunch option, cold lunch option, or a yogurt/granola and string cheese entree kit.
- Choices also include a hot vegetable, cold fruits and vegetables, and their choice of milk (skim, skim chocolate, or 1%).
- Students will pick the meal they would like as they go through the line (no preordering).
- Students bringing lunch from home can supplement their meal with fruits, veggies, and milk (at least three items) from the cafeteria line.
Lunch cost for all K-6th graders at Crestview will be FREE this year thanks to a grant obtained for some WDMCS schools.
Eating Lunch with Students
Families are invited to eat lunch with their child throughout the school year. Bring a sack lunch or pay for your lunch as you go through the lunch line using your child’s nutrition account or in cash with exact change or small bills. Please call the school office by 9:15 a.m. of the morning you will be joining us.
We may limit the number of families who may eat lunch on a particular day based on space and/or meal availability.
For a special occasion, such as a child’s birthday, we invite you to bring lunch from a restaurant for you and/or your child. However, we will find a quiet area in the building or on school grounds separate from the lunchroom for you to eat. Families are welcome to take their child out for lunch during their specific lunch/recess time.