Indian Hills Junior High Construction Projects
Indian Hills Junior High serves about 700 students in grades 7 and 8. We have created smaller learning communities within Indian Hills: three seventh-grade and three eighth-grade teams of about 115 students. While a junior high is built to be in departments, we practice middle school philosophy, which focuses on teaming, relationships, the developmental needs of the students, and critical thinking skills used in an interdisciplinary approach.
The mission of the Indian Hills staff is to provide a well-rounded education for all students in a safe, supportive learning community using a team-oriented approach to promote lifelong learning. The collaborative purpose of the building is to create “GRIT” — Growth mindset, Relationships, Innovation, and Teamwork — for all staff and students. To support this purpose, Indian Hills is a PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) school. Our school-wide expectations for PBIS are Show your Tiger Pride: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Ready, and Be Resilient.
- Add secure vestibule at main entry
- Door replacements
- Operable partition replacement
- Window covering replacement
- Skylight panel replacement
- Flooring replacement
- Millwork replacement
- Replace fire panel
- Upgrade interior and exterior lighting with LED
- Install new intercom
- Install new sound systems
- Install cooling in IDF and MDF
- Replace boilers
- Upgrade HVAC system controllers
- Upgrade cell phone reception
- Replace auditorium lighting with LED
- Repair and replace concrete
Indian Hills Flooring
Indian Hills Renovation
9401 Indian Hills Drive
Clive, IA 50325-6321
HOURS: 7:35 a.m.-2:35 p.m.
COLLABORATION SCHEDULE: Wednesdays 7:35 a.m.-1:50 p.m.
Dr. Shane Christensen, Principal
Zac Sinram, Assistant Principal