Hillside Elementary Construction Projects
Hillside Elementary is located in the Historic Valley Junction neighborhood and emphasizes our four pillars of Respect, Responsibility, Safety, and Caring. As we partner with families and community members, we strive to provide educational opportunities that will prepare our students for post-secondary training, careers, and life beyond Hillside. Our staff seeks to engage students at a deeper level of inquiry and understanding that can be achieved with strong educational approaches. We believe that engaging academics, positive community, culturally-responsive teaching and family partnerships will help our students be successful in their life journey.
- 2023 building addition and remodel including ICC-500 storm shelter
- Replace classroom pocket doors with steel doors
- Replace flooring
- Replace select exterior doors and windows
- Replace cafeteria and music room ceiling clouds
- Replace counter tops
- Replace window coverings
- Replace restroom partitions and grab bars
- Repair and replace concrete
- Replace fire panel
- Upgrade interior and exterior lighting to LED
- Commission ventilation systems
- Roof replacement
- Replace chiller
Fairmeadows – Exterior Improvements
713 8th Street
West Des Moines, IA 50265
HOURS: 9:05 a.m.-3:55 p.m.
COLLABORATION SCHEDULE: Wednesdays 9:05 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
PRESCHOOL: 9:05-11:50 a.m. and 1:10-3:55 p.m.
Dr. Graham Jones