Westridge Elementary Construction Projects
Westridge Elementary serves approximately 750 students in preschool through sixth grade. Alongside our strong core academic program, our school offers additional support services in the areas of Reading, Gifted and Talented, Special Education, and English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Our outstanding teachers are dedicated to educating responsible, lifelong learners so that each student possesses the skills, knowledge, creativity, self-worth, and values necessary to thrive in and contribute to a diverse and changing world. We use a collaborative approach to meet the needs of all students and enhance student learning. Through our innovative, evidence-based practices, our Westridge students perform at high levels and are prepared for the next step in their educational journey. Westridge students are leaders who demonstrate responsible, respectful, safe, and caring behavior. We believe in offering student leadership opportunities in our classrooms and as a school community, alongside direct teaching, modeling, and practice of positive student behavior.
- 2022 building addition and remodel including ICC-500 storm shelter
- Replace windows
- Replace doors
- Replace operable partition in multipurpose room
- Replace restroom partitions
- Replace skylight panels
- Flooring replacement
- Repair and replace concrete
- Replace fire panel
- Upgrade interior and exterior lighting to LED
- Install new intercom system
- Install cooling in IDF and MDF
- Replace chillers and boilers. Replace electric boilers with natural gas equipment.
- Upgrade equipment to resolve building humidity and pressurization issues.
- Roofing replacements
Westridge Classroom Addition
Westridge Windows Replacement
5500 E.P. True Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50266-2884
HOURS: 9:05 a.m.-3:55 p.m.
COLLABORATION SCHEDULE: Wednesdays 9:05 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
PRESCHOOL: 9:05-11:50 a.m. and 1:10-3:55 p.m.
Beth Brewer, principal
Jeanette Barnes, assistant principal