Meals for On-Site Learners
- Breakfast: After the bell, elementary students will be offered breakfast in the classroom to begin their day.
- Lunch: Students will be able to choose between a hot lunch option (changes daily), a turkey sub sandwich, and yogurt with granola and string cheese.
- All meal choices include a hot vegetable, fruit, and choice of milk.
- Breakfast: just before the start of the school day, secondary students can pick up breakfast in the cafeteria or other designated location based on building.
- Lunch: Students will have several options available each day to build a custom lunch in our cafeteria lines. All food items will be individually packaged or wrapped.
Meal Pick-Up for Online Learners
Meal pick-up will be available for full-time and temporary online learners on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Valley High School. Meal boxes will include three days of breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper. Families may pick up meals on both days.
- Pick-Up Location: Valley High School, 3650 Woodland Ave., West Des Moines
- Pick-Up Times: 7-8 a.m. and 4:30-5:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays
To pick up meals:
- Masks are required.
- Enter the parking lot on 39th Street and follow signs to the pick-up door.
- Go to the indoor pick-up kiosk and show a WDMCS student ID number (or have a cashier look it up).
- All children ages 1-18 are eligible to participate as long as they are not receiving meals at school or through another USDA-funded program.
- Parent/guardians can pick up meals on behalf of students.
- For students not enrolled in WDMCS, provide the child's name and school of attendance or indicate that the child is not yet in school.
To request a sign-up form, please contact:
Nutrition Services Director
Assistant Director of Nutrition Services
Indian Hills Junior High Kitchen Manager
Valley Southwoods Kitchen Manager
Stillwell Junior High Kitchen Manager
Valley Kitchen Manager