2018-19 Tiger Cubs Registration
Tiger Cubs Preschool registration for the 2018-19 school is now open.
The following conditions must be met and agreed upon before starting the registration process:
- Children must be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 15, 2018.
- Parents must complete all enrollment forms.
- Parents are responsible for transportation and attendance of their child.
- Preschool is half a day, four days per week.
- Parents understand that filling out the online form does not guarantee their child a placement.
If you are an out-of-district resident, please note that, due to the high demand for placement in the Tiger Cubs preschool program, we will only process registrations from West Des Moines Community School district residents.
- Fill out the online form below which includes contact information, facts about your child, and your preschool location choices. Please only choose locations that will work for you and your family.
- If you do not have access to a computer, a paper copy can be obtained from a Tiger Cubs Preschool location or Holly Burns, preschool programs coordinator, at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines.
- Please note: Parents/Guardians who submit applications between Jan. 15 and Feb. 9 will be contacted after Monday, Feb. 12. Parents/Guardians who submit applications after Feb. 12, 2018, will be contacted within two weeks of submission.
Financial Assistance—Please fill out the application to be considered for priority placement for low-income families. You must complete the application to be considered.
You will be contacted by Feb. 2 to notify you whether your student has a spot in a Tiger Cubs preschool or has been placed on the waiting list. If placed on the waiting list, you will not need to complete step three and four until asked to do so. You will be contacted by the Preschool Programs Coordinator if a placement has become available for your child.
To secure your child’s spot, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate, proof of residence, and home language survey by the deadline noted in your placement letter.
Enrollment Packets will be mailed home in late spring from your Tiger Cubs Preschool building. Complete the information and return it to your child’s preschool no later than the first week of August.
Once you have completed the above steps, your child is registered and ready for preschool!
- Filling out the online form does not guarantee your child a spot at a Tiger Cubs Preschool.
- Parents are responsible for the transportation and attendance of their child.
- Cost: There is no fee for Tiger Cubs Preschool. The tuition is paid through the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program (SVPP). Families with lower incomes may be eligible for priority placement by filling out the Preschool Financial Application.
- This process is only for Tiger Cubs Preschools. The registration process at community preschools varies. Typically, community preschool registration begins in late December and early January. Please contact the individual preschool to learn about its registration process. Please see the preschool directory for community preschool information.