General Preschool Information
Most preschools use guidelines set by the State of Iowa —a birthday on or before Sept. 15—to assign your child to a class.
Registration & Enrollment Information
Funding, tuition, and fees vary within the programs. You will need to provide health forms, immunizations records, and a copy of your child’s birth certificate when you register. Tuition costs vary depending on the center and the number of days the child attends and the funding options available.
Things to Look for When Choosing a Preschool
- A safe, clean and orderly learning environment
- A variety of interest and learning centers within the room (such as writing, library, math and dramatic play)
- Identified curriculum and assessments
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Teachers with backgrounds in early childhood
- “The right fit”—settings, teachers and philosophies vary