Step 3: Tiger Launch
Thank you for choosing WDMCS! To enroll, please complete all three steps.
Step 1: Tiger Enrollment – Fill out our online enrollment form through Infinite Campus.
Step 2: Tiger Access – Complete “next steps” like paying fees and signing up for transportation.)
Step 3: Tiger Launch – This step is for secondary students. Watch for updates from your school!
What is Tiger Launch?
Tiger Launch refers to school-specific dates when students and families can visit their schools. Elementary schools may hold open houses or ice cream socials. Secondary students can pick up schedules, get student pictures, school IDs, connect with parent organizations, etc.
Each school handles Tiger Launch differently. Due to COVID-19, we are still determining how each building can best offer Tiger Launch for the 2020-21 school year.
Elementary Tiger Launch
WDMCS elementary schools are collaborating to plan ice cream socials and open houses for the 2020-21 year. Traditional events may be delayed or canceled due to COVID-19 safety protocols. Watch for more information from your student’s building this summer.
Junior High Tiger Launch
In previous years, students and families visited their junior high. Students would have their photograph taken, picked up school IDs, received their schedule, learned about extracurricular opportunities, and more. Things will look a little different this year, but we are still working to support our students and families. Watch for more information from each junior high this summer.
High School Tiger Launch
Valley Tiger Launch:
Most items traditionally covered at Tiger Launch have been moved online. Valley families will receive a mailing outlining the details. Photos for school IDs will be taken the first week of school. Students who purchased a Valley Activity Ticket (VAT) will have that information included on the ID.
Tiger Launch On Site – first week of school (Aug. 26, 27, 28)
- Take photo for school ID; pick up ID. Students who purchased a Valley Activity Ticket will have that information included on the ID.
- All Valley students are required to have a proper student identification card with them at school every day. Photos for student identification cards must be in appropriate school attire; no hats or sunglasses.
Tiger Launch Items Moved Online
- Pay fees. Fee payments will be accepted online. Checks can be mailed, if necessary, to Valley High School. https://www.wdmcs.org/district/enrollment/fees/
- Purchase Valley Activity Ticket (VAT). If your student purchases a VAT, their ID will have a VAT logo added when photos are taken the first week of school.
- Parking Tags. Students will complete an online form. Distribution of tags will be determined at a later date. Learn more – https://www.wdmcs.org/schools/valley/student-parking/
- Valley Parent Teacher Organization and Booster Club. Families will be able to sign up online to connect with both organizations. On-site meetings will hopefully occur throughout the school year. Otherwise, virtual meeting dates and links will be made available online. http://vhspto.org/
- Locker Assignments. New students who wish to be assigned a locker will be able to complete an online form. They will then be emailed locker information. No other students will be assigned a locker. Students will be expected to take home all academic materials each night. In the event a COVID-19 case is reported in a building, students would transition to online learning while the building is disinfected.
Valley will not host their traditional open house prior to school opening. However, they will schedule a time for families to connect with counselors and staff in September, if possible. Decisions will be based on guidance from local health authorities.
Valley Southwoods Freshman High School: Students will receive their Chromebooks and student IDs the first day of school. However, students are welcome to visit the building during the day Aug. 15–22.
Aug. 19 | 3:30-5:30 p.m
Walnut Creek Campus will provide more information to families this summer.