Step 1: Tiger Enrollment
Thank you for choosing WDMCS! To enroll, please complete all three steps.
Step 1: Tiger Enrollment – Fill out our online enrollment form through Infinite Campus.
Step 2: Tiger Access – Complete “next steps” like paying fees and signing up for transportation.)
Step 3: Tiger Launch – This step is for secondary students. Watch for updates from your school!
To start the enrollment process for the West Des Moines Community Schools, please fill out our online enrollment form in Infinite Campus.
Families without access to the internet or those in need of an interpreter will be able to enroll at one of several locations this summer. Families can attend ANY of these locations.
Tiger Enrollment – Step 1: Gather information.
You will need certain information and documents to get started. Any documents can be scanned and uploaded online. You can also mail or drop off a copy of this document to the Registrar’s Office at the Learning Resource Center – 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines.
All students need:
- Proof of residency. Most returning students can confirm their addresses from past years. New students and returning students with new addresses must establish proof of residency. The student’s and parent/guardian’s names and addresses must match on these documents. Accepted Proof of Residency Documents
- Immunization Records. Iowa law requires parent/guardians to verify certain immunizations. Required Immunizations (based on age)
- Health History. You will be asked to enter and/or update general health history information for each student based on grade and age.
- Do Not Release Information. You will be asked if photos or videos of your student can be taken. In addition, this allows student information to be listed in school yearbooks and directories.
New students will also need:
- Proof of Age. Proof of age is required for all new WDMCS students. Accepted Proof of Age Documents
- Home Language Survey. All new WDMCS students are required to fill out a Home Language Survey, available in 22 languages. Students and families may be referred for English for Speakers of Other Languages support.
Tiger Enrollment – Step 2: Enroll Your Student
New and returning families complete slightly different processes. Choose the option that best describes your family and student(s).
Brand New WDMCS Family
A new WDMCS family is one who is enrolling in WDMCS directly after attending in another district. New families can enroll students year-round but most enroll for a new year during the preceding summer.
|Enroll a brand new family and student|
|This is for brand new WDMCS families only. The link for current families and students already attending a WDMCS school is below.|
Once submitted, we will contact your child’s prior school (if applicable) to request their records. We must have their records before your child can start attending WDMCS.
2021-22 Tiger Cubs Preschooler
Incoming Tiger Cubs preschoolers can enroll starting Jan. 19, 2021!
2021-22 WDMCS Kindergartner
Online enrollment for incoming kindergartners opened on Nov. 1, 2020. Starting in mid-January 2021, WDMCS will roll over current Tiger Cubs students so families do not have to re-enter enrollment information.
|I already have students attending WDMCS, but my incoming kindergartner is brand new to WDMCS.||I already have students attending WDMCS, INCLUDING A TIGER CUBS PRESCHOOLER.||My family is brand new to WDMCS.|
|Log in to Infinite Campus, click ‘More,’ then choose ‘Tiger Enrollment.’ You’ll be able to confirm your enrollment and returning student information, then add your kindergartner to your family.||You do not need to do anything else for enrollment until this summer 2021. This summer, you’ll be able to confirm your online enrollment information for ALL current students, including incoming kindergartners.||Complete our online enrollment process, including creating an Infinite Campus account. Choose your preferred language, then fill out the information and click ‘Begin Enrollment.’|
|Enroll an incoming kindergartner new to WDMCS with your current family in Infinite Campus.||Online enrollment confirmation will be available to you in summer 2021.||Enroll a brand new family and student.|
- All incoming 2021-22 kindergartners will receive kindergarten roundup information in spring 2021.
- Information will not be rolled for Tiger Cubs who are open enrolled. Open enrolled families will complete the open enrollment process for 2021-22 as usual.
Current Student Enrollment for Grades 1-12
A current WDMCS student is one who is attending a WDMCS school during the current year and will enroll with WDMCS again for the 2021-22 year. Current students can simply update and/or verify their information during Tiger Enrollment.
Tiger Enrollment takes place each summer for the following school year. A link to confirm 2021-22 enrollment information for CURRENT WDMCS students will be active here in summer 2021. The links for families new to WDMCS and incoming preschoolers and kindergartners are above.
Tiger Enrollment – Step 3: Continue to Tiger Access!
Thanks for completing Tiger Enrollment! Now, you can continue to Tiger Access.