Step 1: Tiger Enrollment
Thank you for choosing WDMCS! To enroll, please complete all three steps.
Step 1: Tiger Enrollment – Fill out our online enrollment form through Infinite Campus.
Step 2: Tiger Access – Complete “next steps” like paying fees and signing up for transportation.)
Step 3: Tiger Launch – This step is for secondary students. Watch for updates from your school!
To start the enrollment process for the West Des Moines Community Schools, please fill out our online enrollment form in Infinite Campus.
Families without access to the internet or those in need of an interpreter will be able to enroll at one of several locations this summer. Families can attend ANY of these locations.
Tiger Enrollment – Step 1: Gather information.
You will need certain information and documents to get started. Any documents can be scanned and uploaded online. You can also mail or drop off a copy of this document to the Registrar’s Office at the Learning Resource Center – 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines.
All students need:
- Proof of residency. Most returning students can confirm their addresses from past years. New students and returning students with new addresses must establish proof of residency. The student’s and parent/guardian’s names and addresses must match on these documents. Accepted Proof of Residency Documents
- Immunization Records. Iowa law requires parent/guardians to verify certain immunizations. Required Immunizations (based on age)
- Health History. You will be asked to enter and/or update general health history information for each student based on grade and age.
- Do Not Release Information. You will be asked if photos or videos of your student can be taken. In addition, this allows student information to be listed in school yearbooks and directories.
New students will also need:
- Proof of Age. Proof of age is required for all new WDMCS students. Accepted Proof of Age Documents
- Home Language Survey. All new WDMCS students are required to fill out a Home Language Survey, available in 22 languages. Students and families may be referred for English for Speakers of Other Languages support.
Tiger Enrollment – Step 2: Enroll Your Student
New and returning families complete slightly different processes. Choose the option that best describes your student.
New WDMCS Student Enrollment
A new WDMCS student is one who is enrolling in WDMCS directly after attending in another district. New students can enroll year-round but most enroll for a new year during the preceding summer.
|Enroll a new student|
|This is for NEW students only. The link for returning students who attended a WDMCS school last year is below.|
Once submitted, we will contact your child’s prior school (if applicable) to request their records. We must have their records before your child can start attending WDMCS.
Returning Student Enrollment for Grades 1-12
A returning WDMCS student is one who attended a WDMCS school during the last/current year and is enrolling in WDMCS again for the coming year. Returning students can simply update and/or verify their information during Tiger Enrollment. Tiger Enrollment takes place each summer for the following school year.
First, confirm you have an Infinite Campus account and test your login credentials. All families need to confirm they have an Infinite Campus account and can successfully log in to the portal prior to enrollment. The following video explains how to set up an account or reset a password
|Enroll your CURRENT students for next school year|
|This is for CURRENT WDMCS students only. The link for new students is above.|
Tiger Enrollment – Step 3: Continue to Tiger Access!
Thanks for completing Tiger Enrollment! Now, you can continue to Tiger Access.