Proof of Residency
All new students entering WDMCS must provide the proper documentation to establish proof of residency. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Acceptable proof of residency documents are:
Homeowner (one of the following)
- Printed verification page from the Polk County Assessor’s web page.
- A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill.
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement.
- A copy of a utility bill for the last of current month.
Recently closed on a new home
- A copy of the settlement statement from closing or a warranty deed.
Recently made an offer on a home
- Upon closing, provide a copy of the settlement statement or a warranty deed.
Renter (one of the following)
- A copy of your lease agreement with the term listed. The agreement MUST contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your address within WDMCS boundaries.
Renter without a lease (on a month-to-month basis)
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your address.
- Proof of your residence within WDMCS boundaries. This can be a bank statement a pay stub from your current employer with your name and address clearly listed from the last or current month.
- Verification of residency for the family with whom you are living as listed above in “Homeowner.”