Boundaries and Maps
Boundary Information—Find Your School
Covering 36.6 square miles, our district boundaries are rather irregular, but generally lie:
- north of Warren and Madison County lines,
- south of Urbandale Avenue,
- east of the Dallas County line, and
- west of 63rd Street.
When we say community, we mean it!
Our district covers more than one city and includes:
- West Des Moines
- parts of Clive
- parts of Urbandale
- parts of Windsor Heights
This booming suburban area directly borders Des Moines, the capital city of Iowa, and is located at the crossroads of Interstates 35 and 80. Our community has a well-deserved reputation as an area with a vibrant economic base and quality of life.
See Our Maps
Full district map (elementary/junior high attendance areas)
Elementary map (elementary school attendance areas)
Junior high map (junior high school attendance areas
All students living within the WDMCS district attend Valley Southwoods Freshman High School for ninth grade and Valley High School for grades 10-12.
See Which School Is Next
The following is a list of schools in our district that provide—or feed—our other schools with students as they progress in their education. These are called “feeder schools.”
- Indian Hills Junior High: Clive, Crestview, Crossroads Park, and Westridge
- Stilwell Junior High: Fairmeadows, Hillside, Jordan Creek, and Western HIlls
- Valley Southwoods Freshman High School: serves all freshman
- Valley High School: serves grades 10-12
- Walnut Creek Campus: alternative high school