Strategic Plan – Explaining What
We focus on our strategic goals.
Ensure the academic success for each student by integrating and improving strategies for powerful teaching and learning.
- Develop, implement and make ongoing adjustments to a strategic plan to guide system improvement.
- Provide high quality teaching and learning in every classroom.
- Implement culturally responsive teaching practices in every classroom.
- Implement effective assessment and grading practices.
- Implement highly effective PLC processes and provide high quality professional learning.
- Utilize data to support student learning and monitor progress within the WDMCS Balanced Assessment System (includes the new State ESSA Index).
Ensure the academic success for each student by managing and improving effective operations of the district.
- Recruit, hire, and retain quality personnel.
- Incorporate Human Capital Management system standards into the HR vision in alignment with the district strategic plan.
- Develop and communicate a sustainable budget that supports our strategic goals.
- Develop and implement a long-term facilities plan supporting learning to prepare students for college, careers and life.
- Develop and implement a technology plan to support future learning.
- Continue to implement and revise the comprehensive district safety plan, as well as review and assess various aspects of security and employee safety.
- Embed culturally competent practices and an equity lens for decision-making throughout the organization.
- Continue to ensure the district transportation fleet is safe and efficient.
- Ensure nutritious meals meeting all of the state and federal standards are offered to all students, increase meal participation district-wide, and provide nutrition education opportunities in classrooms and cafeterias
Ensure the academic success for each student by collaborating and communicating with stakeholders.
- Improve district communication and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Engage families, staff and the community in district improvement initiatives.
- Implement a marketing plan to advance our story of preparing students for college, careers and life.
- Develop and implement the foundation and systems for collaborative work and culturally competent practices.
- Continue to implement comprehensive Community Education programs and services that are aligned to district priorities.