How do I register my child for 2018-19 transportation?
Registering your student for transportation is easy! All students (this includes returning students and new students) are required to register. You may register your student for new transportation or change existing transportation by one of the three ways listed below. You must complete a new registration for each student.
- Register ONLINE for the 2018-19 school year.
- Register by downloading the transportation registration form and faxing the completed form to 515-633-4999 or mailing it to West Des Monies Community Schools, Transportation Department – Operations, 2102 Delavan Drive, West Des Moines, IA 50265-5523.
- Register by phone at 515-633-4990 (en Espanol at 515-633-4989) and follow the prompts.
Bus service preregistration is very important in order to establish routes and provide your student’s bus pass. As a reminder, to qualify for transportation services, the student must meet the minimum following criteria:
- Attend a WDMCS school or Sacred Heart School
- Attend the school within the assigned school boundaries as determined by their primary residence.
- Live outside the half-mile walk zone from their assigned school for grades K-8 and the three-quarter-mile walk zone from their assigned school for grades 9-12.
- Transportation Registration Form/Formulario de Inscripción para Transportación (PDF)
- Non-public Parent Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)