Construction Plans and Updates
With the help of our community, the West Des Moines Community Schools developed a 10-year facility plan to ensure our buildings provide outstanding educational environments for our students. In addition, the district reviews its facility plan on a regular basis.
Below are the projects we are currently working on, updates on our construction projects, and projects planned for the future.
- Clive Learning Academy (Phase I: Multipurpose room construction, site work, and building renovations)
- Crestview School of Inquiry (Phase I: Classroom addition and building renovations)
- Jordan Creek Elementary: Roof replacement
- Valley High School: Locker room renovations
- Valley Stadium: Turf replacement, restrooms renovation, elevator, and ticket booth construction
- Western Hills Elementary (Phase I: Media center construction, site work, and building renovations)
- Westridge Elementary: Tuckpointing, classroom doors construction
All projects listed above (except Crestview) will take place in summer 2019. Crestview’s construction will begin in summer 2020.