This is WDMCS Newsletters
Don’t miss out on all the important information for WDMCS families in our We are WDMCS newsletters.
We Are ALL WDMCS
When the coronavirus pandemic impacted WDMCS, we temporarily transitioned our communication format to be for both families and staff.
- Feb. 5, 2021 – virtual school survey, Black History Month, budget reduction process update, and more.
- Jan. 7, 2021 – unity during difficult times, second-semester reminders, and more.
- Dec. 17, 2020 – No school Dec. 22, second semester plans, budget reduction process, calendar updates.
- Dec. 3, 2020 – Waiver approved to remain online, special Board meeting announcement, online learning feature story, second semester bus fees waived, second semester plans.
- Nov. 24, 2020 – Potential online learning extension, reporting COVID-19 cases, community resources, free meals information.
- Nov. 12, 2020 – Waiver approved to transition online Nov. 16, support resources during online learning transition, athletics and activities update, second semester choice update.
- Nov. 6, 2020 – Face masks required starting Nov. 9, Second semester choice, 2020-21 calendar update, community resources for parents.
- Oct. 1, 2020 – Quarantine rule changes, new COVID-19 hotline, Valleyfest XLI information, and more.
- Sept. 25, 2020 – Hall of Honor postponed, COVID-19 Dashboard FAQs, Polk County percentages clarification for temporarily transitioning online.
- Sept. 18, 2020 – 2020 Homecoming, Valley Mask BANDITs, tech help for multilingual learners.
- Sept. 9, 2020 – COVID-19 dashboard, no school Sept. 14, Homecoming info, and more.
- Sept. 3, 2020 – No school Sept. 4-7 reminder, Tiger Cubs Preschool Sept. 8 start date, online learning environment deadline notice, WDMCS COVID-19 dashboard to launch week of Sept. 8.
- Aug. 28, 2020 – Photos, stories from first week of school, new COVID-19 exposure flowchart, student placements online through Sept. 4.
- Aug. 21, 2020 – WDMCS visions for 2020-21 video, teacher assignment update, bus info., new health guidelines, Nutrition updates, Canvas help, and helping kids adjust to face coverings.
- Aug. 14, 2020 – Updates on the first day of school, our new equity director, guidance for COVID-19 exposure, elementary updates, and more.
- Aug. 7, 2020 – Return-to-Learn video, on-site vs. online data, junior high block scheduling, new start date proposed.
- July 30, 2020 – updated guidance from health and education experts, enrollment vs. choosing online/on-site, return-to-learn percentages to date, return-to-learn workshop on Aug. 5.
- July 24, 2020 – on-site/online choice survey reminder, return-to-learn FAQs and percentages to date, July 23 CDC guidance on reopening schools, equity town halls.
- July 10, 2020 – 2020-21 enrollment information, Hybrid Option 2 details, school supply lists, transportation registration, PTO mask orders.July 2, 2020 – WDMCS Return-to-Learn Plan.
- June 29, 2020 – 2020-21 Enrollment Edition
- June 5, 2020 – Valley baseball and softball season update, rules and regulations.
- May 29, 2020 – Summer sports season, Happy Summer!, planning for 2020-21 parent survey, summer activities.
- May 22, 2020 – WDMCS Nutrition update, WDMCS summer plans update, WDMCS technology update, June professional development opportunities for teachers.
- May 15, 2020 – Valley Senior Honors Evening FAQ, new Clive Learning Academy director, Return-to-Learn plan update, WDMCS Transportation registration.
- May 8, 2020 – Securly app, student item pick-up, 2020-21 school calendar, National Teacher Appreciation Week, required immunizations.
- May 1, 2020 – Class of 2020 celebration, summer plans, yard signs, second semester grading, Return-to-Learn information.
- April 24, 2020 – 2020-21 PK and Kindergarten enrollment, yard signs, employee pay update, nurses’ message.
- April 17, 2020 – School canceled remainder of academic year, free online medical appointments, elementary pupil progress reports update, secondary grading updates, parking lot WiFi.
- April 9, 2020 – Internet options for home, K-2 students receiving Chromebooks, why people are in WDMCS buildings, official continuous learning plan, spring athletics update, continued support for staff, nutrition updates with times, locations.
- April 1, 2020 – Special video message from Superintendent Remy on continuous learning.
- March 27, 2020 – Coronavirus Family FAQs and Staff FAQs, update from Superintendent Remy on virtual learning, technology needs survey, community resources, staff get creative with home workouts.
- March 18, 2020 – Coronavirus Family FAQs, events canceled, support for WDMCS staff during time off, community resources, nutrition department providing meals.
This is WDMCS
- Aug. 28, 2020 – Back to school coverage and photos, elementary face coverings clarification, new COVID-19 exposure flowchart, student placements update.
- March 9, 2020 – graduation rates, Valley Hall of Honor recipients, Golf in the Halls, staff recognition committee seeking donations, Coronavirus Health Information video
- Feb. 8, 2020 – Performance profiles released, Valley National Signing Day, athletic camps and clinics, Canvas parent tips, ParentQuest classes, Virtual Backpack
- Jan. 11, 2020 – Golf in the Halls, Tiger Cubs preschool enrollment, WDMCS Community Connections event, how to check semester grades, ParentQuest classes.
- Dec. 14, 2019 – Jordan Creek earns prestigious award, call for soccer equipment donations, Canvas podcast – parent FAQs, vaping at WDMCS – parent/student insights, Seal of Biliteracy.
- Nov. 23, 2019 – cold, flu symptoms reminder, winter donations, Ryan Penning Iowa Safe Schools Educator, Valley teacher Brant Reif effective grading practices podcast.
- Nov. 9, 2019 – ISASP testing results information, Valley volleyball state tournament, school board election results, official online store promotion, Canvas overview podcast
- Oct. 22, 2019 – School board candidate profiles, Preschool Palozza promotion, weather notification testing, Valley play promotion, Valleyfest photos, Virtual Backpack
- Oct. 5, 2019 – kindergarten enrollment open, Parent Quest classes, Canvas parent resources, WDMCS volunteer form, Valley Hall of Honor nominations open
- Sept. 7, 2019 – Homecoming parade information, WDMCS smartphone app, Canvas resources, Effective Grading Practices resources, Coffee and Conversation for ESOL families, “Thank You Notes” program, Virtual Backpack
- Aug. 9, 2019 – School starts Aug. 23 enrollment reminder, Allergy Aware stickers, Wellness Board policy review, elementary “Welcome Back” nights, official online store promotion