Non-District-Sponsored Activities/Organizations Guidelines
Non-District-sponsored activities/organizations are activities, sports, or organizations which the district does not directly support. The district may support the existence of these activities/organizations, but it does not provide funding or pay for staff involvement, and/or the activity/organization is not officially offered through the district. Many activities/sports exist that encourage WDMCS and other area youth to be involved with the goal/hope of encouraging them to participate in District-Sponsored Organizations in the future, but these organizations are not tied to the District in any other way.
Brand Usage for Non-District-Sponsored Activities/Organizations
Organizations categorized as “Non-District-Sponsored Activities/Organizations” that want to use WDMCS branding elements must register with WDMCS and follow the Non-District-Sponsored Activities/Organizations brand guidelines. Registration allows us to better communicate with these groups when necessary and helps to keep our district brand usage streamlined while limiting unauthorized use.
We value these activities and their relationship to our district. We also must ensure that participants, families, and the public understand that these activities are not directly sponsored by the District. The following statement must be included on any non-district-sponsored organization website, print material, etc.
This is not a West Des Moines Community Schools-sponsored organization or activity.
Registered Non-District-Sponsored Organizations/Activities have access to a limited supply of WDMCS brand elements. If you are not sure whether your organization is District-Sponsored or Non-District-Sponsored, email the School/Community Relations Department at email@example.com for clarification.
- Register your Non-District-Sponsored Activity/Organization. You will also sign an Non-Affiliate Licensing Agreement stating you will follow the brand guidelines. Royalty terms will be established and agreed upon prior to final signature by vendor.
- Use and follow the official WDMCS brand guidelines outlined in the WDMCS Brand Guide. If you are working with an online vendor, contact the School/Community Relations department for specific guidelines for approval. One example of an online vendor is Vistaprint.
- Use the approved logos, colors, and styles on ALL uniforms, apparel, promotional signs, and any other items that our brand. Limited logos will be provided to non-district-sponsored groups.
- Only use vendors who are on the current year’s approved vendor list.
- Submit all designs for formal District approval to School/Community Relations prior to ANY project moving forward. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any School/Community Relations personnel. See contact information in sidebar.