Nutrition Resources for Students
2020 Summer Meal Service
Meal service from West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) Nutrition Services will be changing for the summer months, starting June 2. Drive-thru locations will also be closed on Memorial Day.
2020 Spring Meal Service
WDMCS Nutrition Services Department offers grab-and-go meals at four sites (Crestview and Hillside will close as of April 13) from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. WDMCS also offers home meal delivery for families who receive free or reduced-price meals.
WDMCS Nutrition Services will also start introducing hot meal options and freezer meals on April 15. New options will include chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza, as well as frozen vegetables. Storage and heating instructions will be provided along with allergen information.
WDMCS Home Meal Delivery
Free meal delivery is available to families who receive free or reduced-price meals through West Des Moines Community Schools and cannot attend the pick-up sites.
Meal Delivery – delivery between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday and Wednesday
The delivery driver will call each family 15 minutes prior to arrival on the day of delivery.
- Monday: two bags with lunch and breakfast delivered
- Wednesday: three bags with lunch and breakfast, additional food from Booster Pak delivered
To Sign Up for Home Meal Delivery
- Sign Up Online
- Call the Nutrition Services Department at 515-633-5085.
After receiving a request, Nutrition Services will contact each family by the end of the next business day to arrange meal delivery.
Families may apply for free or reduced meals at any time during the school year by applying online or calling the Nutrition Services Department at 515-633-5085.
WDMCS “Grab-and-Go” Meal Service
WDMCS Nutrition Services will continue to offer drive-through service at four current meal locations (Crestview and Hillside will close as of April 13). To increase efficiency and decrease outings and potential COVID-19 exposure for families and staff, the sites will now be open from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only.
Meal Sites – 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday – Wednesday – Friday
- Monday and Wednesday: two bags with lunch and breakfast provided
- Friday: one bag with lunch and breakfast provided, additional food for the weekend provided at the meal sites by Booster Pak
Most sites will use the bus lanes for pick up. Please follow the signage at your site.
- Clive Learning Academy, 1600 73rd St., Windsor Heights, IA 50324
- Indian Hills Junior High, 9401 Indian Hills Drive, Clive, IA 50325
- Stilwell Junior High, 1601 Vine St., West Des Moines, IA 50265
- Valley High School, 3650 Woodland Ave., West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Pick up at Valley will be near Tiger Field.
To Pick Up a Meal
Families can pick up meals for children 1-18 from any of the four WDMCS sites. No identification or registration is required, other than stating the name of your child’s school or preschool if they are enrolled (does not apply to children not yet in school, does not have to be a WDMCS school). Meals will be provided for each child without duplicates. Children do NOT have to be present in order for meals to be provided.
- Drive or walk to the WDMCS meal site nearest you.
- Follow the signs to drive through or walk up to pick up your meals. Stay in your car or six feet away.
- Meals will be brought to you on trays. Please take the meals from the tray using the bag handles.
This program is for pick-up only, and absolutely no congregating will be allowed. Meals will not be allowed to be consumed on-site. Please continue to practice the recommended preventative steps to remain healthy.
WDMCS Nutrition Services is also providing meals to complex residents at Chapel Ridge West. Starting April 13, complex residents can pick up their meals from 10:30-11 a.m.
WDMCS Nutrition Services Department upholds the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement, the Iowa Civil Rights Commission Nondiscrimination Statement, and the WDMCS Non-Discrimination Policy.