Nutrition Resources for Students
Breakfast & Lunch in Hybrid Option 2 Learning Environment
Meals for On-Site Learners
- No self-serve stations.
- Elementary: Breakfast and lunch will be delivered to the classroom.
- Junior High: Students will walk through grab-and-go meal stations, then eat meals in classrooms.
- Breakfast will be available before first period.
- Lunch will be held during Tiger Time.
- High School: Additional locations in buildings are being identified as suitable areas to eat meals while social distancing. More information will be available at a later date.
Meal Pick-Up for Online Learners
- Meal boxes will include five breakfasts and five lunches.
- Weekly cost: $25 ($3.50 reduced price or free for qualified families)
- Pick-Up Locations – Each family will go to the pick-up location assigned to their OLDEST child’s school of attendance.
- Valley High School: Valley, Crossroads, and Western Hills families
- Valley Southwoods Freshman High School: Southwoods, Westridge, and Jordan Creek families
- Stilwell Junior High: Stilwell, Walnut Creek, Fairmeadows, and Hillside families
- Indian Hills Junior High: Indian Hills, Clive, and Crestview families
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Program
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act allows states to issue Food Assistance benefits to households with children in grades PK-12 who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to pandemic-related school closures.
WDMCS Nutrition Services Department upholds the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement, the Iowa Civil Rights Commission Nondiscrimination Statement, and the WDMCS Non-Discrimination Policy.