Events Canceled Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
WDMCS schools will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year. Several large group events and activities have been canceled. We will keep the list below updated to reflect current information.
- WDMCS Board of Education meetings are still taking place as planned. District administration is investigating virtual meeting possibilities for Board meetings.
- All WDMCS activities and arts events are canceled through Saturday, May 9.
- This includes club meetings and events and any performing and fine arts rehearsals, performances, tours, and trips scheduled through May 9
- All spring activities of the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union, the Iowa High School Athletic Association, the Iowa High School Music Association, and the Iowa High School Speech Association are canceled. We will look to the IGHSAU, IHSAA, IHSSA, and IHSMA for guidance of summer athletics and activities.
- Prom (scheduled for April 18)
- Valley Dance Marathon (scheduled for March 27)
- Hillside Soccer Club (Saturdays March 28-May 2)
- Any school field trips and events, including service learning, career days, and bike rides (i.e Challenge of the Books, Math Bowl, World of Choices, etc.)
- Any school spirit days, carnivals, parties, and other parent group organized events
- Any staff events scheduled through May 9, including the Staff Recognition Reception and Retiree Luncheon
- All WDMCS Community Education events and classes are canceled through May 9
- All community events scheduled in WDMCS buildings are canceled through May 9