School Community Network
The WDMCS is dedicated to involving our parents in what we do. Made up of parents, teachers and administrators from across the district, this group provides an opportunity for a face-to-face exchange of ideas and information. Its members also help us share information about district with the community.
Meetings of the School Community Network are typically the third Tuesday of the month starting at 9:15 a.m. at the Learning Resource Center, 3550 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa.
The membership is outlined in district administrative rules. Membership includes:
- two representatives from each K-12 parent organization board
- two building staff members
- one elementary and one secondary administrator
- one administrative representative specifically from Valley High School
- the Director of Community Education or designee
- one representative from the school board
- the superintendent or designee
- members of the superintendency or designees
- School/Community Relations Director