Be a Part of the Title I Team
Parents are a Part of the Title I Team
We recognize that you influence your child’s education more than any teacher or school. Your involvement is critical to the success of the Title I program. There are many things you can do to boost your child’s achievement.
- Show interest in your child’s school day. Ask questions, review schoolwork and praise effort and improvement, no matter how small it may seem to you.
- Take time each night for completing homework, including math study or home links.
- Set a good example by letting your child see you read newspapers, magazines, or books. Let your child help you use math when shopping and also at home—sorting, counting, comparing, and cooking.
- Take advantage of resources by visiting the public library. Help your child pick out books to read just for fun.
- Read! Read! Read! Read to your child and ask your child to read to you.
- Attend conferences and school events. Contact your child’s Title I teacher(s) at any time during the school year if you have questions or concerns regarding your child’s progress in math and reading.