How Do I Register My Child For 2021-22 Transportation?
Registering your student for transportation is easy! All students (this includes returning students and new students) are required to register. You may register your student for new transportation or change existing transportation by one of the three ways listed below. You must complete a new registration for each student.
- Register ONLINE for the 2021-22 school year.
- Register by downloading the transportation registration form and faxing the completed form to 515-633-4999 or mailing it to West Des Monies Community Schools, Transportation Department – Operations, 2102 Delavan Drive, West Des Moines, IA 50265-5523.
- Register by phone at 515-633-4990 (en Espanol at 515-633-4989) and follow the prompts.
Once registered, you will receive all bus information in your mailbox the week of August 16. The information will include pickup/drop off location, stop times, a bus pass, and a letter indicating whether you reside in the pay or free zone.
Bus service preregistration is very important in order to establish routes and provide your student’s bus pass. As a reminder, to qualify for transportation services, the student must meet the minimum following criteria:
- Attend a WDMCS school or Sacred Heart School.
- Attend the school within the assigned school boundaries as determined by their primary residence.
- Each shool has a designated area around the school called the walk zone where bus service is not available. Students who are not eligible for free transportation and live outside the walk zone for their assigned school (i.e. pay zone) will be able to purchase bus passes. (Board Policy 710.02)
Free or Reduced Bus Pass
Any student who lives in the paid transportation area and qualifies for the free and reduced-price meal program may also apply for free and reduced-price bus pass fees. Please contact your school’s secretary to apply.